Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Someplace my grandkids can catch a few fish?

Default Someplace my grandkids can catch a few fish?

Does anyone know of a place in the Inland Empire where I can take my 5 to 7 year old grandkids where they can actually catch a few fish? Doesn't matter how big or how many, just enough so they don't get bored and lose interest in fishing altogether. Bluegill are fine. Perris has no shade and shore fishing sucks, Dvl is pretty much the same, plus has rattlesnakes. I thought about Little Lake in Hemet, which is "family friendly", but man, they charge way too much to fish!..$16! Even for kids! Someone suggested Indian Oaks RV Resort for a good Bluegill bite. Maybe Skinner? Does anyone have any ideas? We want to go out either Saturday or Sunday. You can PM me if you'd prefer.. Thanks.

I doubt you're going to find anyplace free to fish that actually has fish, though the Balboa pier has had a good mackerel bite of late. Try one of the regional parks. Glen Helen, Prado or Yucaipa, and in that order, should produce as least some bream and they've all been getting catfish throughout the summer. Or the docks at Silverwood.

Forget Glen Helen this weekend as a Rave Concert is on and traffic is backed up farther than you can see and they usually close the lake. Commuters on the 15 are told to expect a 1 1/2 to 4 hour delay to go up the pass.

We may just go over to nearby Fairmount Park. It's close by, has been somewhat cleaned up, and I know where the kids can catch some small Bluegill on mealworms. Youngsters really don't care about the size of the fish anyway. Maybe I can get my older grandson on a nice bass. Some of the most effective bass lures like Senkos don't really require much more than casting out and letting them sink and winding them back in slowly..

Hey Jeff remember that 3 pounder that sneaked out of your net before we could take a picture of it that time at Fairmount.

Yeah Ted.. I was using that old net as a "livewell" to hold the bass in the water until you could walk back to me to see it. That bass found that small tear in the net and off she swam! You almost have to use a soft net with a long handle to land a good fish when you fish in those Cypress roots. We need to go back again Ted. I want you to get a nice one!

If u come to the OC, I can share a spot. Shoot me a pm. There's a place I take my boy and he never gets bored. Always good bluegill action.

Look at my recent Skinner post and shoot me a PM if you want any more details.

What about Lake Fulmer? Is there any Bluegill bite there? I even thought of taking the kids out carp fishing from shore at Lake Elsinore. Bring a big spike umbrella for shade. Used to be really fun using ultralight rods, and we caught quite a few, but they were not the big guys.. only about 1 to 3 pounds, but still fun for kids to catch.