Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Southern Cal Full day trip 8/16/15 Late report with GoPro Footage (link in post)

Default Southern Cal Full day trip 8/16/15 Late report with GoPro Footage (link in post)

Went out on the Southern Cal out of Pierpoint Landing on Sunday August 16th with my fishing squad as an early birthday gift for myself. We planned to reride once the AM trip had ended. Anyways the AM trip went pretty well, about 30 or so Yellowtail landed and a million tangles, i got so many i stopped tying my fluorocarbon leaders on and i tied the hooks to straight mono. I managed to get one yellow on the boat. Of the 4 People that came with me on the boat 3 of them hooked up and unfortunately they all popped off.
    All morning they were hitting fly lined Sardines with a max of 3/4 ounce egg sinkers a few were caught on the dropper loop.
    Caught mine using 30lb power pro super slick with a top shot of 30lb Pline. 2/0 Mustad Super Point live bait hooks with ring and 3/4ounce egg sinker.
    As for the PM it was WIDE OPEN sculpin and reds. I'll use that footage another day for a montage of some sorts.
    This fish didnt last long and was devoured 2 days later...Im fiending for fresh sashimi. Need to get back on the water! Unfortunately when i hooked up i didnt have my gopro because i was charging it in my bag i had to have a buddy run and get it for me. Thanks for reading and i hope you enjoy the video! https://youtu.be/2MCqa8mRMyo Action starts at 1:20!
    Last edited by troutmastahh; 08-31-2015 at 04:30 AM.

Nice video. Thanks for the post.
    DR

thanks i'll be going out on the socal tomorrow morning and hopefully kayaking on saturday hope to come back with great footage.