Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 8/29 mission

Default 8/29 mission

Headed over the hill today to see what I could hook. I had thoughts of stopping 3\4 of the way over at quail lake. But I'll save it for next time. Got to the duct at 5:30 gates all the way open. I thought yes, I'm going to tear it up. Get to check 39 going full blast. Threw 128s, flukes, buzzjet and rattle traps. Scratched out a weenie large mouth on a rattle trap (jackall tn70, blue and chrome). On a side note, you can really hear the rattle these traps bouncing off the walls of the duct. Headed down toward pastoria siphon pick up up another weenie along the way. No stripers today. I am liking the new asphalt they put down since the last time I was there. Left at 10:30, the gates closed at 10.

Nice to finally see a duct report! At least you found some action and didn't get skunked. it's been awhile since i've been out, what was the water like? clear? full of moss?

Water was super murky! Green with a lot of sediment. I was cleaning off hooks and leader knots of algae, but nothing crazy.