Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recent Trips to Skinner?

Default Recent Trips to Skinner?

Thinking of hitting Skinner on Sunday with my little guy. Seems like it's been a little slow out there based on reports but there aren't that many reports either. Curious how low the water is also. It's been about 7-8 weeks since I've been there.

Thanks in advance!

Joe

Default Skinner

Quote Originally Posted by Baja1ab View Post
    Thinking of hitting Skinner on Sunday with my little guy. Seems like it's been a little slow out there based on reports but there aren't that many reports either. Curious how low the water is also. It's been about 7-8 weeks since I've been there.

Thanks in advance!

Joe
    Hi joe
    Skinner has been very tough as of late , unless your going to target catfish or carp that's going to give you the best chance of getting some fish on .
    Water level is still down . Good luck if you decide to venture out.
    And don't forgot those life vests.

And don't forgot those life vests.
    Yes and wear them their no good sitting on the seat.

103 degrees today. **** abuncha that ****.

+1 Man. I've been getting off the water by 10:00 am. If the fish were on then I would put up the bimini and go for it, but to me it just isn't worth it right now. Water level is right where it was last time you were out Joe. Temp is still in the low 80's too. Basically there is a narrow window early am for a good chance at a quality fish on a boil, then bye-bye.

Thanks for the info guys and yes, my crew knows they jackets go on as soon as they hit the deck and don't come off until the boat is out of the water.

I think we're gonna give it a go in the am.

Thanks again!

I was out with my nephew about 3 weeks ago...very tough.....got 5 largemouth...but we were out almost 7 hours.....and it was hot.......4 on drop shot on on a chatter bait...

Default Skunker

Quote Originally Posted by darknight63 View Post
    I was out with my nephew about 3 weeks ago...very tough.....got 5 largemouth...but we were out almost 7 hours.....and it was hot.......4 on drop shot on on a chatter bait...
    Save your gas and your time it sucks right now .

Update: We went. Saw quite a few cruisers. I caught several LMB but nothing worth writing home about - various methods, drop shot, double fluke rig, spinnerbait.

My 7 year old found a little pattern in the very small LMB and caught 27, yes 27 LMB. Of course they were all super small (under 1lb) , but heck, he's 7. He's had plenty of LMB up to 3.5lbs this past year but this trip, for him, turned into a numbers game. He knew exactly where to throw - super light drop shot set up w a "tiny fluke". He was cracking up while counting his fish. It was a fun time for us both.

Thanks again for the replies, guys.

Joe

Well, I hit it early this morning 9/2 and the whole area outside the marina to the open water west was almost frothy with fish boiling. Trouble is they were ignoring everything we were throwing. I tried jerking a fly, throwing a jerkbait, a topwater in two sizes. Fun just to watch them though. I was able to get a few trolling after I gave up on the boil. Basically, it is still slow out there, and the fish that are chasing bait are very particular.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast