Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scoring Redemption on a PB. + New species. 8/26

Default Scoring Redemption on a PB. + New species. 8/26

So last saturday some mysterious creature owned my LC hook and broke it off.

Started off as a decent day with a queenfish, few calicos and cuda, along with a lone croaker. After catching the queenfish and thought to myself. I've heard WSB love queenfish.

Today i get score redemption. I get slammed halfway through my cast. I can't remember what retrieve i was using as it happened so fast but i'm pretty sure it was medium/slow- 1.5-2' fast pull-pause-slow. It goes on a crazy run and i thought it was a Huge Halibut but i was feeling a bit puzzled. It ran about 100' out then a ways to the right.

The prize!

Releasing the precious beast and thanking it for blessing me with an exhilarating thrill that i will never get old of. I was so stoked to be holding what i've been after for awhile. Now i'm readying for an even bigger one!

I can't wait to do it again. See ya next time buddy!

Who knew what i was in for. got a few small halibut and bounced around a bit searching for clean water. None to be found. Switch it up and Bang! Crazy calico fenzy with good quality. i did miss a few nice ones and lost 2. Can't get em all.

This swimbait quickly got destroyed.

Hog of the day.

Another strong soul.

It was truely an awesome day of fishing. To top it off I thought i lost my wallet at the beginning of the day. I scrambled looking everywhere for it. But had overlooked one small crevice in the car. and said screw it i'll just fish and deal with it later. Get back in the car and look again, Found it.

I'm so grateful for what the surf has been throwing at me. I FKN LOVE THIS ****! Stay positive and blessings to everyone!

Bonus pic. New species! (From a recent outing)

Thank you all for reading. Guess the size of the WSB? :wink: 8)
    Last edited by surffishingsean; 08-26-2015 at 08:36 PM.

Hey Sean:

Wow!!! That's an awesome WSB and great work on the checkers!!! I was out today. I assume you were in south of the where you've been lately.

take care,

Nick

Beautiful WSB Sean....Check your PM...LOL

Congratulations on a beautiful looking WSB.
    Those calicos look nice as well.
    Robert
    <><

35"

Default Wsb

I predict This young Buck will soon be inducted into the coveted S.W.A.T. team soon

Thumbs up

That's a nice surf Ghost Sean... now go get yourself a legal one.

I'm sure we'll be reading another exciting report from you soon...

Hi ya surffishingsean,

Congrat's!! WTG on your PB! What is it's length?

My two best WSB lengths are 27.5" ea. .... still SHORT!!! ..... BY A MILE!!!! lol

You have been putting in the time Sean and we can see that you are definitely receiving your well deserved rewards! Nice!

I've really enjoyed reading and following your sessions w/ pic's Sir.

SP Dan <"))><

And the hot streak continues!
    another awesome session in the books, good job man.
    Congrats on the WSB

Very cool report and catch Sean. Congrats on that PB ghost! My guess is it's just shy of legal. Anything much bigger and you'd be telling us the story on how bad your thumb got raked. Keep up the hot streak.

Don

Release WSB? You the man,best tasting local fish I've ever had,halibut 2nd,but I salute you for the release!
    As I've grown older 62 now,I won't keep anything I won't eat quickly,this year has been amazing and I hope we all remember the lean years,congrats on your WSB and the rest of your day!

Cya Tuna Vic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast