Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: dove-mas is coming soon

Default dove-mas is coming soon

Anyone planning to hit up the fields for the dove opener.
    I will! SUCK IT you worker bees.

It's going to be a great opener, sucks that I'm a worker bee that week with my admin out for surgery. Hope you get 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
    Anyone planning to hit up the fields for the dove opener.
    I will! SUCK IT you worker bees.
    How do you prepare those for eating ? I have a few in the freezer.

Quote Originally Posted by Theos View Post
    How do you prepare those for eating ? I have a few in the freezer.
    Breast them out with kitchen shears throw the rest away not worth the effort. Wrap the breast with a strip of bacon, toss on BBQ when the bacon is about done hit it with BBQ sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    Breast them out with kitchen shears throw the rest away not worth the effort. Wrap the breast with a strip of bacon, toss on BBQ when the bacon is about done hit it with BBQ sauce.
    Alright ill give it a go.

What fields are you talking about?

General area I mean

I might be hunting calipatria opening weekend. We are also planning on going up the 395 the second weekend. I found a few areas to hunt but I was just curious if any one has any general areas up there to suggest that I might not know of. We are planning on going to a few areas where there are alfalfa fields near lone line/ bishop and also sunflower fields. I won't post any spots anywhere because I know the damage it can have. Anyone hunt up there?

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    What he says or marinade in Italian dressing, put a slice in each side of the breast and add a small sliver of Anaheim or halopeno pepper, wrap in bacon and BBQ.

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    What fields are you talking about?

General area I mean
    The only "field " fields I know of are the DFg sponsored ones down by Niland or Brawley. They plant the fields down there for dove shooters. It gets elbow to elbow though with dopes shooting low 24/7.

Quote Originally Posted by parkermann2 View Post
    ... Anyone hunt up there?
    Yes, and you are on the right track. Dove hunting there is a little less predictable than Blythe or Yuma, though. Bring a rod and a tub of dillies just in case.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast