Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Nph 9/21

Default Nph 9/21

Spent the whole day in Newport, trying for halibut. Just got a bunch of jerk baits, but all I found were small halis and annoying diamond turbots.

Tide swing was horrible, but still managed a few fish. Got better later in the day.

Bass#1

Bass#2

Bass#3

Bass#4

Monster sargo!

^ MAN, that guy was tough! The pic doesnt show it well, but it was easily a 4-5lb sargo. Note the WIDEgap hook in its mouth.
    Last edited by smokehound; 08-22-2015 at 07:13 PM.

Nice crop of grumps there and that sargo is a toad! Sounds like a nice session in less than ideal conditions.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by bachiboy View Post
    Nice crop of grumps there and that sargo is a toad! Sounds like a nice session in less than ideal conditions.

Don
    Was the best fighter of them all :P I couldn't believe the battle, I thought I hooked into a monster spotty

#4 was a toad! lost a fifth one that went for a mooring rope, got tangled, and shook loose when I undid the tangle lol
    Last edited by smokehound; 08-22-2015 at 10:59 PM.

Man you wear some big shoes dude. lol. Nice job on the spotties and that pig bay sargo! They're hard enough to catch as it is, and you got one on a plastic?! Nice!

Hi ya smokehound,

Great job on the SBB and .... WOW! ... that Sargo is monstrous!

Thanx for the fish report with pic's!

SP Dan <"))><