Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Turd roller off LC, Smallest queen, Bent hook? Good day 8/22

Default Turd roller off LC, Smallest queen, Bent hook? Good day 8/22

Had a few good days i haven't put up reports on recently. Nothing quality but lots of fish. Few legal calicos mixed in with some nice crows and the other usuals. but this was interesting from last time.

Baby queenfish!!

Get down to the beach with Ron and conditions were just epic! Salad cleared no wind and tiny waves.Clear water and overcast for a good part of the morning. Scraped a few macs to start the day with some bones mixed in and a few straggler cudas for Ron. We started seeing boils right at first light.

I got a little sandy which is a pretty cool catch for this area.

Lots of quality crows this morning

Ron gets hooked up with a nice one that hit right on the trench. It was his first legal. 24.5 i landed one while he was unhooking it.

Congrats Ron!

We got on Two flurries of consistent Bonito boils that lasted about 5 mins each. Calicos and Halibut jumping and chasing bait to the shore. So much bait in the water!

Another big croaker.

One of many double hook ups. Most of which were double bonito. I had two bones hooked at the same time but one came off at my feet.

Then a baby crow all alone. After i ran into BTSponge and his friend. Nice meeting you Bryan! Also ran into Jinbow again which was cool! Nice fishing with you very briefly, glad you got on some!

One legal Calico this morning.

We worked a different area and i hook up big! Screaming drag for about 5 seconds with gnarly headshakes. I thought i had a good hook set. maybe i was putting to much pressure on it. I was thinking trophy surf checker or maybe a possible legal ghost. I've caught a lot of calico's and this fish was a beast! Fished 10 mins after that and called it a great session.

Come to realize as i'm packing up my middle hook on the LC was bent out a little and cut down at the barb. Stupid stock hooks. I replace the back treble with a stronger owner stinger but now i'll be replacing all 3. Aghhh. Bummer!

Ron had a great day aswell!

Tally:
    15+ bones
    5 Mac
    3 Hali
    2 Calico
    7 Croakers
    1 Turd Roller

All i'm thinking about is big WSB :roll: :roll: :roll:

Blessed day. loving it! Thanks for reading, - Sean

Hi Sean

Looks like you and your friend Ron had a fun time today on the sand. Good job on racking up the variety pack I was there yesterday morning for an early quickie session - same action going enjoy while it lasts my friend!

Take care,

Nick
    Last edited by anchor3n1; 08-22-2015 at 02:20 PM.

Very nice job out there again Sean and big congrats to your buddy Ron on his legal! Bite seems like its still going strong...keep at em!

Don

Nice session and first legal is always special, even if you're just a witness. There are WSB near shore and they do like to bend those LC hooks, I hope there is plenty of time left is the season for you to put one/few on the sand.
    Thanks for the report.

Hey surffishingsean,

Another great session Sir!

Thanx for another fun read with pic's!

SP Dan <"))><