Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Had to get my fix!

Default Had to get my fix!

I fishe'd a bass tournament at the Mid last Friday and it was a tough day, managed to scrape by with 3rd place...but what was even worse was having to ignore all the hungry striper activity happening...was clearly targeting the wrong species, lol. Got a chance to go back and hit it today for the linesides with the girlfriend...and what a great day it was!

Started out first thing chasing them with topwater, managed to pick off a few. They werent huge boils, mostly just small wolfpacks running a muck. Once the wind and sunshine came up the boils tapered. Caught them trolling and jigging the rest of the morning till we called it quits...the bite never slowed so it was hard to leave.

We caught about 30 stripers, kept 19 to fill the freezer, and 1 unlucky smallmouth who swallowed the swimbait too deep and couldn't be saved...I tried my best to revive him for release, but it didn't happen.

Most of them were pan sized dinks...but caught a couple in the 2-3lb range.

Nice job on the stripeys!.....It is very addicting when they are so aggressively hitting the topwater offerings......Thanks for the report.......Dave

Congrats on a great day of catching! I like catching big stripers a lot, but I'd rather catch small ones on topwater than big ones on bait...of course, big ones on topwater is even better!

nice slayin zipperwurm,,,,,,,,,,sometimes them bass get killed in the collateral damage.......you have to really hunt to find the big fish schools.............

Great report! Looks like you had a very successful day, great pics!

atta boy Zdubs

Thanks everyone, can't wait to get back out there again!