Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Where are the carp? Went to Peck Road Lake again...

Default Where are the carp? Went to Peck Road Lake again...

Did they get poached? Or is it just the season?

I wanted to go fishing today with friends at Peck Road Lake, but plans fell through, so it was just me. Anyways, I tried the body of water to the right of the canal, and to the left of the canal by the timber. No luck, and I don't believe I saw any carp. Just bass chasing up minnows (schools of small fish jumping followed by explosions on the surface).

I was using a hair rig with bread and corn. Not even a nibble. Every time I'd reel my line back in it would be coated in weeds. Should I avoid the weeds when carp fishing?

~WCAngler

WCAngler,

There could be a nuclear war and the only fish that would be left in our ponds would be carp. They can never be poached out of existence, many of us have tried.

I have no clue on whether carp use weeds as a place to get food, but if you're not getting bit, it's time to move around.

Quail lake !! U can get em all day long

Carp are smart. Smarter than bass. The bass are crashing the mosquito fish all along the shoreline, the carp are deep. Use light line, 4 lb flouro works best but make sure your drag is on point or you will break off. Good luck and be safe!

Carp are known to reject baits they've encountered before. Boiled broccoli worked for me in the past when they wouldnt touch corn. hooks pretty well, catfish like it too, because it freakin stinks lol

try legg lake aka whittier narrows regional park because they got some big ones middle lake is best