Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: HELP!!!!!!!!! Sea Eagle Stealth Stalker 10

Default HELP!!!!!!!!! Sea Eagle Stealth Stalker 10

Good Morning Fellow Fishermen, am in need of some advice / help I have recently bought a SE Stealth Stalker 10 to use on the Local lakes like SARL but so far my 2 attempts to Register the boat have failed. The first attempt look like it was going good until it came to the motor the DMV rep. ask what kind of motor I had when I explained that it came with a small Electric Motor / Trolling Motor she seemed confused and had to get her supervisor, her supervisor than told me that there is no such thing and that the Motor had to be Gas and thats the only way to register it I went on explaining how i purchased the boat and why it came with a Electric motor and so forth but both of them continued to say it had to have a GAS Motor I gave up and said fine but then they started talking about smog and "Hang Tag" being my first boat I was confused I took my paper work that said to return with a hang tag and left. The second time I went with another person same DMV office and explained again what was going on and he just bluntly said the only way we can register this boat in CA is to go buy a Gas Motor because the bill of sale says that the Propulsion: Electric/Gas and I told him that to me that means it could be registered as either Gas or electric so my main question is has any one ever run into this issue if so how can i register my boat????

That's odd. Try another DMV.
    You do not need to tell them it is a electric motor.
    If they ask tell them it is a 2 HP gas. You could even tell them you are going to get a gas motor.
    Doesn't really matter what kind of motor. Just tell them you need to register it.
    Sometimes the less you talk the better.
    DR

I tried that also and they said that all gas motors come with a "Hang Tag" which is something to do with emissions, my last resort is to have my brother fake sale it to me and do a BILL of Sale which from what i have been reading can work as a "Pink Slip" for a boat ????

AAA automotive club. register as self propelled/hand/ wind./oar . they'll issue title as long as theres no contraindictation or funny business with VIN NUMBER u supply