Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Never leave fish to find fish...sometimes!

Thumbs up

Hey, that doesn't look like Lego Lake?!?
    Your meticulous planning paid off big time Don. Preparation is half the battle and you planned your surf assault well on your vacation once again.
    Welcome to the surf Corvina club bro.
    Now, you have BOTH "true" Ghosts of the surf under your belt... Striper & Corvina.
    Well done my friend!

Hey Don,

Fantastic Sir!!

WOW! You had the hunch .... you followed up on it ... and it paid off for you with a fanged NS and legal hali! YAHOO!!!
    Great job on all the checkers too!

You have been blessed by Poseidon himself with a catch like this!

Thanx for the fantastic fish report with the added tooth-picks!

SP Dan <"))><

Sorry for the late replies. I've been switching gears a bit and chasing tuna for the first time in four years! Trying to get my sea legs back.

Quote Originally Posted by surffishingsean View Post
    You sure hurt on some quality fish Don! The Corvina is always a prized catch from the surf. Maybe one day i'll catch one for myself. 2 legals halis, you kill it! You sure seem to like that metallic ayu pattern LC. It just seems weird to me as it doesn't really resemble a fish off the surf. I just ordered 3 more LC's, Anchovy Venus, Nikishi, and Aurora Black. Can't wait for your next report - Sean.
    Thanks Sean! That Metallic Ayu is calico candy.

Quote Originally Posted by murrieta angler View Post
    CORVINA!?!
    I thought you said corbina....
    I guess Sheila is right, I need to get a hearing aid soon...
    Congratulations on the orange mouth corvine Don, great looking fish.
    They do travel in schools you know.
    You had that gut feeling and it paid off, way to go and have a great week.
    Robert
    <><

I just measured your fish, in comparison to the LC, and it should be about a 26"-27" fish...SWEET!
    Thanks Robert! Yea after a few seconds looks at that thing, it may have been a bit bigger than I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by mackattack66 View Post
    It was great fishing with you and congrats on the Corvina! When I get back into town well have to go fishing again and maybe go chase the local paddies for dodo's and tuna.
    Kyle
    Hey Kyle! Would love to get out on the water for big game with you. I'm actually about to leave on a day and a half on the Legend. Hope we get em!!!

Quote Originally Posted by remington View Post
    Great job brother! Legals, checkers and a toad corvina......one Hell of weekend Don! Fishing action like that takes the sting out of the mandatory family theme park days....Lol

Kelly
    Thanks Kelly! Glad you were able to get out there and do some slayage yourself! Yea, something about having a great session makes Legoland a whole lot more bearable.

Quote Originally Posted by TUNAVIC View Post
    It's always great when you're "hooked on a feeling" and have it work out the way it did for you'right on!

Cya Tuna Vic
    Thanks Vic! Yea, I've had that "feeling" before and it didn't pan out, but the urge this time was REALLY strong, so why fight it?

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    Great read Don and what an adventure. First of all congrats on the corVina. I remember when Tess caught one and everyone was like....Why does the WSB have knarly teeth...LOL
    Good job on the legal halibut and checkers as well bro. Your little vacation/fishing adventures are always a great read. You gotta love it when the fishy trench is behind you and your on a sand bar. I had that happen once in Oceanside. It was kinda weird because I just turned around and started casting towards the mainland then I thought what if a wave rolls me from behind?
    Anyways....Thanks for the effort in bringing us another short exciting story from "Bachi-Land"

See ya soon,

Mike
    Thanks Sir! Yea, when I started casting with my back to the swell, it gave me that feeling like I was about to get dumped so I "swam" to shore.

Quote Originally Posted by anchor3n1 View Post
    Hi Don

I love seeing all your AWESOME reports over the last few weeks - Great pictures, great prose and great fishing. You are really on a tear. Your up in your neck-of-the-woods and your landing em'. You head down south (and leave em biting up here) and your landing em'. I believe that if the fish are present that no matter where you go, your honed technique, your years of experience, and your sense will bring you rewards from the surf. This report does not disappoint. Great job on locating the legal flattys and the unlooked for bonus corvina

Plus I always learn something to help me along the way from your reports

I look forward to hitting the sands with you or at least hanging out with you at HG7 (whichever happens first )

all the best,

Nick
    Thanks Nick! There's always more to learn, no matter how long you've been at this. You're picking this all up pretty quickly and it's starting to pay off big...gotta love it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PSM View Post
    I'm a newb on FNN and just adding to Don's thread since he mentioned me; Chas (PSM).

On a LC, got a barracuda for a picture.

Look over and see another angler bendo on a really nice fish.

Caught a couple more small kelp bass.

Don, great to meet and fish with you this Sunday.
    A BIG CONGRATS to you on catching that corvina!
    Looks like you had a great weekend with the halibut as well.
    Hey Chas! Again, great to have fished with you and hope to see you out there again. Hope you were able to capitalize on some of the reduced swell we had and hit that area again. Best of luck out there if you manage some sessions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    That is one H*** of a vacation sir, time with the family, time on the water, legal slabs and a gorgeous Fanged CorVina... How can you beat that?
    Glad you got into them.

TIGHT LINES,
    Edgar
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
    Hey, that doesn't look like Lego Lake?!?
    Your meticulous planning paid off big time Don. Preparation is half the battle and you planned your surf assault well on your vacation once again.
    Welcome to the surf Corvina club bro.
    Now, you have BOTH "true" Ghosts of the surf under your belt... Striper & Corvina.
    Well done my friend!
    It is Lego Lake! It's right where you drive the little boats by the water park. I told you I saw fish in there last time I went with my kids. I guess these don't qualify as surf caught cuz I was actually trolling in the boat while my son was driving.

I still have a bone to pick with Kimble. He's got the upper hand right now since I'm only one for four on the bassturd!

Quote Originally Posted by SP Dan View Post
    Hey Don,

Fantastic Sir!!

WOW! You had the hunch .... you followed up on it ... and it paid off for you with a fanged NS and legal hali! YAHOO!!!
    Great job on all the checkers too!

You have been blessed by Poseidon himself with a catch like this!

Thanx for the fantastic fish report with the added tooth-picks!

SP Dan <"))><
    Thanks Danimal! It was a VERY blessed trip. Got to fish with friends, make new friends and bring land a couple of prizes...not to mention spending a very nice weekend with my family. Hope things are well and that you make it into the salt soon brother!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12