Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Stellar day wreaking havoc in Bu': 50 + first Bean. 8/15

Default Stellar day wreaking havoc in Bu': 50 + first Bean. 8/15

Ah, well were to start... FishJerk had picked me up and we were on that sand at 5:45am. The water was very clear with small waves. The tide was low and high tide peaked around 11am. We decided which route to go and then i saw some boils close in. Run over. Game on! WFO Mac's with some cuda mixed in for the first 45 mins. Then we got into a flurry of calicos. I landed 8 in 30 mins. Ron was hooking up aswell. Ron got a fat calico at 17" which was his fish of the day. He also reeled up a mackerl with Big Hali bite marks on it!! should have snapped a pic.

My first checker of the morning had vibrant orange cheeks. That was the cast with about 5 today.

This one has been hanging out in the sand.

Then i get hit with something is a hit. Turns out to be a pretty nice surf checker!!

I Notice another fisherman working the area about 200' down. I See him Hook up big!!! I could tell he is on a nice one. I launch another cast. at the end of my retrieve i get hit hard. Game on! I see a corbina wash through the wave with my LC pinned to his face.

My first Corbina! Fare hooked! Epicness only an hour or so in.
    Big bait balls were still present popping on the surface for a few hundred yards. Not much

While i was battling my fish i see he was still hooked up. i was taking the hooks off the corb.I look back at the guy who was hooked up and he is pulling something big onto the sand. Looked like a 26" WSB from a far. I as curious. made my way over and i see its a 23" corbina also caught off an LC.

Turns out it was Albert(Jinbow), Great to meet you Albert and congrats on that chunky bean! We chatted for a bit a casted the same area. then went off opposite directions down the beach.

Pulled up my first halibut of the day. Love this picture i took!

Moving down to find a zone without salad. We run into Feather8bs(Tim) and dtf(Dave). Great to meet you both! We all chatted for about and everyone was eager to get on some more fish.

Got onto a few more checkers with some mac's mixed in. Salad was starting to become an issue especially on the LC. Just kept walking and looking for zones that looked cleaner.

We saw some boils and cast into them. Another mac, a smelt, and a bonito.

Then i got onto 2 more pancakes.

Switched up to the Sexy Smelt LC.

It was about 10:30 am and the bite died out and salad moved in. I tried the swimbait for a little and had 2 pancakes shake off. Ron took off and dropped me off and i continued to fish/chill/nap/eat. I got there and lost another pancake and got a dink calico. Worked the area for a bit and took a break and chilled for about an hour.

The wind picked up but that didn't stop me. Hard to distinguish boils in the white caps but they just so happened to be right in front of me. Another few mac and a bonito then another calico a few mins later.

Chilled out for another hour sense it was hard to fish. just talking with friends. Boils again and picked off 2 more bones. My friend had caught 1.

Let the tide drop out and went on a rock. ;) I switched up my retrieve again to medium-jerk-slow or medium-jerk-stop retrieve and got hit right away. Bammm! Another nice grade beautiful calico with That was gut hooked from someone using bait. I removed the hook and wished her well.

Picked off another pancake and got on another rock. Scored 2 more pancakes and 2 more bonito. We bled one and put it on ice and had it raw. not bad. All other fish were released.

What a long day. Truly blessed and an outstanding day on the sand.
    Most calicos ive had in a day, first corb, most of ive caught in a day besides perch and smelt. Also a second corbin chased my LC and bit it and turned sideways and shook off instantly. They were feeding on the finbait.

Tally: 50+
    20+ Mackerel
    15 Calico (7-8 13-14") (2 17-18")
    6 Halibut
    6 Bonito
    3 Cuda
    1 Smelt
    1 Corbina

Thank you all for reading. I really hope this great fishing continues!!!!

Congrats on a stellar day young man. I heard through the grapevine it was going off. Definitely a sign of good things to come as long as the bait holds in the area for the fall bite. Good job on the bean too. Not too many of them are willing to hit a hard bait but with all of the bait fish in the area it stands to reason that they are feeding on more than sand crabs. That whole area holds some of the biggest corbina I've seen in recent years.

Nice job putting the wood to them man, keep up the good work ...

Way to go Sean! That is some serious catching going on there. Somehow, that tends to happen a lot when I leave town for the weekend.:Lol: Comgrats on a great session and hope to hear about the Sunday repeat performance!!!

Don

Quite the session you had there,and got to meet some other cool surf guys,nice pics too,thanks!

Cya Tuna Vic

Very impressive numbers!
    Congrats on your 1st bean on an LC.
    Robert
    <><

Wow! Quite a nice day! Congrats

Smile

Every report I see from you gets better and better Sean...
    I hope the bite stays hot all the way through the HG7 event.

AWESOME work!!!

Hey surffishingsean,

WOW!! What a fantastic session Sir! Oh yeah ..... Corbina on the LC!! WTG!!

Arthur is right .... each new report does improve over it's previous ... and I too ... hope that your HOT streak stays HOT!

Thanx for the excellent write up with pic's!

SP Dan <"))><