Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: New SoCal Kayak Fisherman Just Saying Hello!!!

Default New SoCal Kayak Fisherman Just Saying Hello!!!

Hi everyone, I just found this forum today while checking some fishing reports. I live in Ridgecrest which is really in the middle of nowhere. The nearest body of water for fishing from me is an hour away.

Well, I fished throughout my childhood while growing up in western KY but stopped fishing after I left home for the next 20 years. I picked up fishing again three years ago and have been absolutely hooked and last year I got into kayak fishing. I own a 2015 Jackson Coosa HD kayak which is fully rigged and I can stand while fishing as well. This is a comfortable ride and I thoroughly enjoy taking out on the water and getting in places motor oats can't.

I fish primarily at Lake Isabella, Diaz Lake in Lone Pine, Lake Mary and Convict Lake in the Mammoth. This year I took my first fishing trip in the San Bernardino mountains at Lake Gregory back in April. My sister-in-law lives in Apple Valley so now I want to hit up Silverwood Lake.

I'm sure I will be on here many times from. Now on and I hope to learn some tricks from everyone and hopefully some new places to fish.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	46843  

Nice to see a fellow kayaker. Welcome. I primarily fish for yellowtail. If u ever wanna hit the salt, let me know. I have few buddies that have gotten tuna and dorado on a kayak. Yes, a kayak!

I met a couple guys at Sunset Beach a few weeks ago that went out and caught some nice size tuna on their yaks. Maybe one of these days but for now I'll stick to the freshwater. I'm glad to see a fellow taker on here as well.

Just recently became one myself. New world out there on a kayak for sure. I will be heading to silverwood hopefully on friday. But thursday I will be going to La Jolla on an attempt to catch my first yellow, tuna, or something that pulls! Cadillyak, are you going out this weekend? Did you see the marlin on a kayak? LOL

PM Sent too

I'm heading up north to the Mammoth area again. It has been so hot the last few days here with temps of 110 so I need a break from the heat this weekend. My sister-in-law lives in Apple Valley and I'm hoping to get down to Silverwood soon as well. I fished at Lake Gregory in the yak back in April and loved the lake but parking was a pain and didn't care for the $15 launch fee. I would like to get out on Silverwood and get after some stripers.

I prob will be out at la jolla this weekend. And yes, I did see that marlin by way of kayak on local waters. Epic season is upon us!!!