Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Things are getting Fishy!!! Bu' 8/13

Default Things are getting Fishy!!! Bu' 8/13

Hit the sand with Verne at grey light. At our first AO it was slow. I shortly landed a cuda on the LC and Verne got a croaker. After 30 mins of working the area we decided to head to the next spot. Bait ball right in the surf zone. bait popping on the surface. tons of corbina. one followed my swimbait for 3 seconds with its mouth open. Saw a small school of sardines in the surf zone. The water was very clear!

Hooked up with a Mac and worked the area. Then a small hali comes down and i make my ways down the beach. Another hali off the LC.

I venture away from V and met up with him 45 mins later. Mean while i keep pulling out pancakes and hook up with a few calicos and a bonito. Verne had got into a few croakers, halibut, and calicos aswell.

Nicest Calico of the day. about 14"

Only pic of the pancakes.

Continued on and the hali's were just going crazy over this LC pattern.
    Then i hook up onto another calico

Beat my previous best halibut day that was 5.
    Tally: 13
    7 halibut
    3 calico
    1 cuda
    1 mac
    1 bonito.

A great day on the sand as always. Thanks for reading. Fishing is really starting to heat up!! Can't wait to pull out some lunkers soon. *fingers crossed* :D :) :wink:

Default Bu

Gotta say, !! You are the most prolific BU fish catcher this year looking at or considering all your reports

Nice going out there Sean. Sounds like you and Verne had a great time out there. Getting those beans to eat an artificial that looks like finbait is always a trick. Not too often do they commit. Cool to see them chase it though...gets the blood pumping!

Don

Good job on the slayage Sean. I hope the trend continues and our fall bite really ignites everywhere along Malibu. Our derby last year was awesome when the bonito, macks and bait were around.

Twas fun indeed...............Verne

Thumbs up

Wow Sean... wish I could fish as much as you do...
    You are killing it out there, keep up the awesome job.

Hey Sean

A Bean on an LC is always fun when it happens!

Nice fish count.

Great report!

Thanx

SP Dan <"))><