Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 8/11/15 kolo limits of quality bluefin +1!!!

Default 8/11/15 kolo limits of quality bluefin +1!!!

Whats up FNN,

PRE-OP:
    After fishing last week I was pumped up to go back out and get back on the fish. This year the grade of fish is very impressive and seems to be toads compared to last. My buddy Frankie texted me and really wanted to go out and get out there and get our kill on. I texted Jeff at the end of last week seeing if he was interested in fishing and he said he would let me know soon. About a hour later Jeff texted me saying its for sure Tuesday lets do it!! I was stoked got all the gear ready and prepped made sure I had some new hooks and re-tied everything to make sure I wouldn't have any gear errors. Monday rolled around and I was ready to go went to work in the morning and came home and did my last preparations. Woke up Tuesday at 1:15am and I was off to his house by 1:40am.

OPERATION SLAUGHTER THE BLUES +1:
    Arrived at Jeff's at 2:40am and met up with Jeff, Frankie, And Ty. We loaded up the boat and truck and we were off. We arrived at Dana Point around 4:15AM and got the boat on the water decently quick. The Bait line at that point was already about a 10 boat wait. We were out of the harbor by 5:15AM and heading towards the AO. We went around 10-15 miles offshore and started the morning off with a couple vacant paddies. After that we went looking for the next one. While we were looking all the sudden we see some birds working the water and about 30 seconds later there is some fish breezing straight out of the water about 100 yards off the bow. We slid on them the first time and no love the fish kept going. About 20min later they popped back up and were flying again. At this point we slid again and did another long soak. This time Frankie and I both got picked up and about 15min later Frankie and I both land our fish which were around 45 pounds. We soaked after this for another 20min and decided to go looking again. After looking for a little while we found some more breezing fish. We slid perfectly on this school and they hit all four of air baits within 15 seconds of hitting the water. We had our quad hook up going and about 15min later three fish hit the deck and one popped off. Again 2 Quality 40 pound grade fish and one smaller 15-20 pound grade. At this point we decided lets start heading back in shore since that is where the Yellowfin bite had been going off pretty well the last couple of days. After about 30min we find are last paddie for the day we spotted it due to a single breezing fish that we saw. We did a long soak on this paddie and ended up getting one 50+ grade Bluefin and a 45 pound Yellowfin. We soaked on this paddie for another 15min and we went inshore to see what was going on. As we were arriving we seen around 30 boats all stacked up. We decided lets head over there its probably a good Yellowfin plunker bite. We set up on the far outside of the group keeping are distance and seeing if we could pick some fish off from the outside. At this point our kill bags were pretty much at max storage and really could not fit anymore fish in. About 30min into the drift we had two rods go off and about 20min later we put another 40+ pound Bluefin on the deck. One was lost due to my drag sticking and not rolling off clean like it should a lot of give not give type situation (Time to service). We stayed with this drift for the rest of the trip and picked off one more fish which was another quality fish. At this point the boat was plugged with quality fish. We did a quick off with the heads and guts and headed in. We did call in a buddy who also got a quality Bluefin and Dorado.

POST OP:
    Overall this trip was a blast!!!!!!!! We all had a lot of fun and all got our kill on. Ty you wanted a monster and you got one brother!! Jeff thank you for the invite this trip was awesome and I definitely enjoyed getting out there with everyone. Frankie good fishing with you bro!!! WE SLAYED THEM!! the fish are out there guys and their is some VERY NICE QUALITY RIGHT NOW.

Here are some photos and a video of the trip!!

Thanks for reading hope y'all enjoyed.

BlakeB

Good job guys. Kept the casualties to a minimum this time and these were big boys! Here are a few stills from the video.

Enjoyed immensely!! Really a trip to remember,thanks guys.

Cya Tuna Vic

Very nice!
    I found out last night my ride for today has water in the fuel system..
    Oh well, I will live through others post for s awhile.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Robert

Outstanding guys, the quality is unreal! Thought the Bluefin had all moved south? You never know, fine job Jeff, you are zeroed in as always! A fish magnet.

great report. love the underwater shot

Very nice grade of fish.
    Kolo on fire AGAIN....

Thumbs up

The Kolo killed it again...
    That was an awesome video.
    See you this weekend Jeff.

Wow bros, so sick!! video and song were rad!

Thanks once again Jeff for having me aboard the Kolo! That was a sickkkkk video, the under water footage came out bad a**!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast