Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Newport Beach Surf Fishing (SKUNK)

Default Newport Beach Surf Fishing (SKUNK)

First time surf fishing and was trying out the beach by the jetty beside the NPH entrance. Thought I had a bite early on but im not sure anymore. Not sure if I chose a bad beach/day but the waves were breaking at the shore and I have a feeling I would have had better luck at another beach. At least the weather was nice. Next time Im going to try Crystal Cove.

P.S. It was high tide and I fished for about 3-4 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Number1topgun View Post
    First time surf fishing and was trying out the beach by the jetty beside the NPH entrance. Thought I had a bite early on but im not sure anymore. Not sure if I chose a bad beach/day but the waves were breaking at the shore and I have a feeling I would have had better luck at another beach. At least the weather was nice. Next time Im going to try Crystal Cove.

P.S. It was high tide and I fished for about 3-4 hours.
    not 100% sure but I think Crystal Cove is in a no fish zone. I could be wrong so someone correct me if that's the case

So it is allowed? Thats what I read at least. Everywhere else I've checked says its ok.

Hi ya Number1topgun,

I too have been skunked at some of the best best beaches in SoCal!
    It's all in your timing! Go get em!

Crystal Cove State Marine Conservation Area:

The recreational take of finfish by hook-and-line or by spearfishing, and lobster and sea urchin is allowed.

Thanx for the session report!

SP Dan <"))><

Quote Originally Posted by Number1topgun View Post
    So it is allowed? Thats what I read at least. Everywhere else I've checked says its ok.
    haha yeah sorry should have elaborated. yes its allowed. I just went and did the research since I opened my mouth before I knew what I was talking about