Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone remember these?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    PS,

Do you have any "early threadfin" type of baits that barely make it to 2"?

I cannot keep track of the times that come May, the threadfin fry are out and fish are hammering them, and then look right past a 3" bait thrown in between boils.

I'd definitely look into purchasing some Pee Stick Spoons if they came in the fry variety.

-DS
    Those are really hard to hammer and paint lol but I may be able to sacrifice to make a couple.

I'd take up to 3 if that's not being greedy

Wish we could have set you up with the landing at Big Bear ... they flipped when I told them about it being WO and showed them the lure you made me. It was the perch color ... and I'm take some of them too if you ever go that direction.

Good luck to ya!

Quote Originally Posted by Peestick View Post
    Those are really hard to hammer and paint lol but I may be able to sacrifice to make a couple.
    Hey, no worries man. Those larger ones look killer, regardless. Do you know if you can vertically fish them, or do they have a tendency to twist?

(And, I wonder if a small rainbow or brown pattern would get some action chasing the Fall run of brownies in Montana this year.)

Quote Originally Posted by Peestick View Post
    Figure out the main forage and I'll make you something
    Just lend me the AIRFARE!!! I"ll be there with bells and whistles. I would anything to hunt down there with you. I used to live in Margate,and Pompano and we used to bang gators in the Loxahatchee Canal system.

DsrtTortise

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12