Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Jenks lake

Default Jenks lake

Have they opened it back up? Has anyone been up there lately?

Quote Originally Posted by rabbit77 View Post
    Have they opened it back up? Has anyone been up there lately?
    Yes it's open. There were about 15 anglers there Monday. Fishing was good, especially for float tubers. Lots of weeds to battle if you're shore fishing.

A couple of years ago there were reports of an alligator being in there. DFG never found it though.

Quote Originally Posted by castle View Post
    A couple of years ago there were reports of an alligator being in there. DFG never found it though.
    there was also a report a bear stole someone ipad.. it has never been found also...

That's a cool summer time lake, lots of shade there and it has fish.

Quote Originally Posted by castle View Post
    Ha Ha maybe thats why they call it Jinx Lake, Ha Ha

Is it easy to launch a fishing kayak on this lake? I'm thinking of checking it out this weekend. I just found out about this lake last week and I'm always looking for a new place to fish.

It's just a short walk from the parking lot down to the water. Shouldn't be a problem. Bring $5 for the parking.

Quote Originally Posted by angler_yak View Post
    Is it easy to launch a fishing kayak on this lake? I'm thinking of checking it out this weekend. I just found out about this lake last week and I'm always looking for a new place to fish.
    angler_yak,

I have not fished Jenks Lake in years; but it is a beautiful area...that is, if the recent fire didn't get into that area and blacken it. Take mosquito repellant!