Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Do you rememder this.

Default Do you rememder this.

Yeah when four track tapes decks were popular for your car. Sometimes times you would have rewind the tape with a pencil or something. Here is a list of some old stuff back then.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img331.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	46817

OPF,

I am in the generational gap where tapes and CDs were common.

I still remember recording songs off the radio on tapes, and hoping that the DJ wouldn't interrupt the song.

CDs became the norm in my teens, so when I used to DJ in college, all my mix "tapes" were on CDs.

I know Blue Ray is the norm now, but I'm curious to see the formats that become standard as I get older.

BTW, those are some firme rolas in your list that you posted.

I still have a 8 track in my garage.

I think my 1st tape was Jeff Beck, "Beck Ola". I can't remember if it was 8 track or 4.

wow jeff beck,so cool-I was lucky to see him with Hendrix at the swing auditorium I think 1970

I have a pretty good collection of 8 tracks, about 100.
    Mostly all rock and roll. They still work, people trip out when I show them.
    I don't listen to them but like them. Also have a new old stock under dash mount Craig player that will be
    put in my 53 some day when it gets restored.

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post
    I have a pretty good collection of 8 tracks, about 100.
    Mostly all rock and roll. They still work, people trip out when I show them.
    I don't listen to them but like them. Also have a new old stock under dash mount Craig player that will be
    put in my 53 some day when it gets restored.

Yeah Craig players were the thing, I had a buddy that had a 45 record player under the dash of his car before 4&8 tracks were born.