Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Missing Kayaker at Lake Skinner 8/9/15

During my years in Search & Rescue with the SBSO my worst days were when a search became a recovery. Even someone with good swimming skills can fatigue quickly when the clothing they are wearing gets water logged. Out on the water without wearing a PFD when boating or fishing solo is an accident/tragedy waiting to happen. Even wearing a PFD when your clothing is wet makes it almost impossible to get back into the boat without help.

Trail blazer
    I agree 100% with you on that comment and on the comment about someone from the lake should of been there to save him is totally unjust .
    I was there and staff was on it within secs
    That's an unfair statement. There are certain responsibilities adults need to take on themselves. Hence a non-swimmer....wear a life vest.

Lakes fault obviously...

They have a responsibility to save those who cannot swim and refuse to wear personal protective vests.

Since the topic is now open, perhaps an on hand snake bite expert for potential bites. They should also look into a dermatologist for those sun burns and protect everyone.

The list goes on.

Skinner is in deep do do.... I don't think they even have suffecient staff incase of typhoon safety, earthquake prevention, tornado warnings, fire watch, etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    Lakes fault obviously...

They have a responsibility to save those who cannot swim and refuse to wear personal protective vests.

Since the topic is now open, perhaps an on hand snake bite expert for potential bites. They should also look into a dermatologist for those sun burns and protect everyone.

The list goes on.

Skinner is in deep do do.... I don't think they even have suffecient staff incase of typhoon safety, earthquake prevention, tornado warnings, fire watch, etc etc
    That's how it be these days and yes the list goes on.

Paging the law offices of "Dewey Cheatum and Howe" paging...........

Default Skinner

Quote Originally Posted by trail blazer View Post
    My only comment I have to say about this is about the THEY SHOULD SHUT THIS PLACE DOWN comment.

Next time some one dies in a car crash someone should close that road.
    I have a feeling Larry H Parker is getting a call real soon.

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    Paging the law offices of "Dewey Cheatum and Howe" paging...........
    Hey Moe! Yes it is a tragic loss for the families, however my first thought was Darwin. They hand a non-swimmer a vest and he says "Nah". How is that the lake personnel's fault? What about those members of the group who were boating with him? Why didn't they help? Follow the money. They were a church group. I hope they take solace there and not in a courtroom.

What has this Country gotten to when the stupid idiots think they can make someone else responsible for their own stupidity?!! I guess there are many lawyers and left wing judges needing to feed at the pigsty. Just saying...

P.A.W. Darwin was my thoughts too. I wonder if he had to sign some kind of waiver when he rented the kayak??? Also I hope what happened to Irvine Lake does not happen here and we cannot have private boats on Lake Skinner.

Will another one of our lakes be closing? F***

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast