Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Missing Kayaker at Lake Skinner 8/9/15

don't forget to add a scorpion handler to the list of things they need at skinner. Those aggressive little buggers are everywhere there. Gotta watch it when your night fishing there ..................

This can't be the only drowning at Skinner. Any information on what happened in the past?

Default Skinner

Quote Originally Posted by NFCD I View Post
    This can't be the only drowning at Skinner. Any information on what happened in the past?
    According to the article in the paper skinner has had a few others in the past this is not the first one.

I've heard tell of one drowning at the inlet back in the early days of the lake.

Silverwood it's a good bet of one per year.

It doesn't matter if you are an expert swimmer if you hit your head on something while going overboard!
    A life jacket would be your only chance! - All Boaters should understand this!

I remember a while back a lake skinner regular of whom they found the boat doing donuts, and he was no where to be found. Then they found his body later and if my memory serves me correct, his life jacket was strapped to his seat.

Not to be the mean guy here but, if the group he was with knew he couldn't swim AND didn't make him wear a life jacket than i think they are more neglagent than the lake or staff ever could be. I mean looking at it that way its almost criminal. The comment about closing the lake just infuriates me.

Nope, your all thinking illogically.

The lake is either a localized government agency or part of the State Water project.

Either way the government runs the lake and that fact alone makes it the lakes staff fault..

Gone are the days where our government ceases to protect us and look out for our interests despite how we feel about them.

Good riddance and I'm happy to usher in the new Era in america where we disn't have a paid government employee deciding what's best for us and watching over
    Last edited by cutbait; 08-13-2015 at 09:03 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123