Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: End of July Secret Location LMB Fishing

Default End of July Secret Location LMB Fishing

I am a 17 year old dude from West Covina. Have been too busy lately to be active on the forum, or even fish. These were the first fish I had caught in over a year...

I have had a lot of luck fishing crankbaits around the docks at this location, but this visit I wasn't getting any bites with my KVD 1.0. So, I switched to a bass jig by Booyah. Still no luck... Then, I was showing my fishing novice friend how to properly fish with his worm lure (He's only caught one fish before, and he was just casting and reeling in really fast. Also, he was keeping the worm right on the surface) by casting it, letting it sink, and twitching it back. I demonstrated to him on his rod, and first cast... BOOM! What looked like a five pounder. Unfortunately, I was rusty from not catching a fish in a while, so he threw the hook and got away. Wish I could have caught him. When he got close I could see a lot of battle scars. I switched my lure to a worm, and sure enough, started getting bites and catching.

I caught a 15", a 16", and a 17" LMB, but I only got pictures of two of the. I also caught my first bluegill. Guessing around 5" long. Also, in the heat of the day when me and my buddies were bored, we threw tiny micro lures. By the docks to catch the schools of baby LMB. The biggest we caught were 4"-5". No point, just fun catching them, hahaha! That's how I caught my bluegill. I was using a mini magnet fishing lure by Trout magnet in white coloration. Size 14 hook.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16 inch LMB.jpg 
Views:	470 
Size:	70.8 KB 
ID:	46774Click image for larger version. 

Name:	17 inch LMB00.jpg 
Views:	489 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	46775Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1st Bluegill.jpg 
Views:	460 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	46776

~WCAngler
    Last edited by WCAngler; 08-30-2015 at 01:58 PM.

North-East L.A. / West San Gabriel Valley

thanks for the report, nice catches , good to see you teaching your friend about fishing , i am very curious about the location, is it in the SGV?

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian323 View Post
    thanks for the report, nice catches , good to see you teaching your friend about fishing , i am very curious about the location, is it in the SGV?
    Nope

I must say... It was frustrating having six people who are very new to bass fishing all asking for advice, asking you to tie knots for them, and getting tangled in your line... Hahaha!

~WCAngler
    Last edited by WCAngler; 08-11-2015 at 09:54 AM.