Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Small suburb creek with small LMB

Default Small suburb creek with small LMB

So I decided to try a creek by my house that seems to dry up once every couple of years. I scoped out the place first and saw some bluegill and a water turtle, so that confirmed my suspicion of life. I walk back to my car to grab my pole and see a nice 2-4 lb bass sitting at the edge of the creek. Thats when I knew I would be catching fish soon. It was already getting later into the afternoon when fish arent hungry so the only ones I caught today were some smaller guys.
    Caught about 3-4 of these little guys.

Caught one bluegill too, but I saw some big ones in there that just wernt hungry. I gotta try a little earlier next time and maybe try to catch some of the carp I saw too.

North-East L.A. / West San Gabriel Valley

nice report! the water looks pretty clear, i bet carpanglerdude may have been here.

Nice! I love that urban stuff. Ocean yakking has lured me away from it but I just might pay a visit to my local urban creek thanks to you.

You might be surprised but some of those creeks have bass that are 5+ pounds. And they always have big carp which are a blast on light line and corn