Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Lake Lice defined

Default Lake Lice defined

So, yesterday as I'm trolling near the shallow buoys at the mouth of chemise, 2 sea doos cruise by about 20' behind me. I did not have enough time to react, and subsequently had my U rig line get snagged and almost ripped the pole out of the holster and go flying. The 40lb line actually snapped before the heavy action Penn rod, for which I am thankful. These idiots do not pay any attention to what they are doing and will positively make every attempt to ruin your fishing efforts.
    Anyway, on a positive note the action finally picked up around 11 and I scored a couple of nice 16 inchers before calling it quits. I'm about ready to give up on the u rig anyway, having only 2 bites come undone in 3 trips. I am far more productive fishing a single fluke on a scrounger than any other method at this lake.
    I would also like to ask, who are these people showing up at 1pm on a Sunday, waiting in a line that stretches all the way to 138? How much time on the water will they have before close?? It was busy for sure, and the lot was full and they were turning people away at 1pm. If you're gonna brave the weekend crowds, do it early!

The parking lot construction (ADA compliant changes primarily) has eliminated a significant amount of parking spaces so more so than ever the parking lots are filling up and the party people are parking up off the 138 way more often than the normal holiday weekends. On the positive side the construction is supposed to be completed by December or so, or so says the contract. That also includes, FINALLY, a new fish cleaning station, also ADA compliant one of the reasons it's taken so many freaking years to replace the other one.

I stay away on the weekends unless it's overcast thunderstorm stuff and then only fish the Miller and Cleghorn areas to avoid the lake lice and the rest of the insanity. Summer sucks at the Wood, bring on the fall, hell the bites better then anyway!
    Last edited by seal; 08-03-2015 at 01:28 PM.

Sooo....Silverwood is Pyramid East.

Been years since I fished Pyramid but I think the logic of staying away from these reservoirs on the weekends is pretty much across the board a good idea if possible. Feel sorry for those that are stuck with only being able to get out on the weekends.

I'm one of those who's stuck with weekends only. I try to make the best of it, be smart about when I go, etc. Two weekends ago, Sunday night, I got stuck at Perris. Motored to the launch at 8:15pm to leave - typically all the weekenders are gone by 5:30-6:30. Not that day.

We did not pull the boat out of the water until 11:20pm. Yes, you read that right, 11:20pm!!!!

The line was out the parking lot, up the street and into the lot to the west (the lot for the closed ramp). It was the stupidest thing I have ever seen. We stopped counting vessels at around 65-70 and since there were only a handful of vehicles with trailers left in the parking lot we knew that meant they were all in line so we just tied up in the launch cove and watched the idiots try to back down the ramp in the dark.

Never again.

Quote Originally Posted by Baja1ab View Post
    I'm one of those who's stuck with weekends only. I try to make the best of it, be smart about when I go, etc. Two weekends ago, Sunday night, I got stuck at Perris. Motored to the launch at 8:15pm to leave - typically all the weekenders are gone by 5:30-6:30. Not that day.

We did not pull the boat out of the water until 11:20pm. Yes, you read that right, 11:20pm!!!!

The line was out the parking lot, up the street and into the lot to the west (the lot for the closed ramp). It was the stupidest thing I have ever seen. We stopped counting vessels at around 65-70 and since there were only a handful of vehicles with trailers left in the parking lot we knew that meant they were all in line so we just tied up in the launch cove and watched the idiots try to back down the ramp in the dark.

Never again.

Wow that REALLY sucks man. I would have been livid. My wife has always said for the best free entertainment anywhere, pull up a lawn chair at the launch ramp of any place where personal watercraft and ski/speed boats are primarily used, and enjoy the circus of men yelling at their wives "No turn the wheel the OTHER WAY!", dragging outdrives up the ramp, leaving the tiedowns on and fully launching, etc. But that would get old after having to wait THREE HOURS.
    I once waited 45 minutes for ONE GUY to back his trailer down the single skinny ramp at Corona lake. He refused the help of several bystanders, until finally giving up and letting someone get it done in one shot. There should seriously be a second license for towing any kind of trailer. Some people have absolutely no business towing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by JAG107 View Post
    Wow that REALLY sucks man. I would have been livid. My wife has always said for the best free entertainment anywhere, pull up a lawn chair at the launch ramp of any place where personal watercraft and ski/speed boats are primarily used, and enjoy the circus of men yelling at their wives "No turn the wheel the OTHER WAY!", dragging outdrives up the ramp, leaving the tiedowns on and fully launching, etc. But that would get old after having to wait THREE HOURS.
    I once waited 45 minutes for ONE GUY to back his trailer down the single skinny ramp at Corona lake. He refused the help of several bystanders, until finally giving up and letting someone get it done in one shot. There should seriously be a second license for towing any kind of trailer. Some people have absolutely no business towing anything.

My wife's grandparents live in Havasu and her grandfather and a bunch of his retired buddies go down to the closest launch with chairs and umbrellas "to watch the divorces happen", LOL!

They should hold up grading cards for the launch/trailer fails and put it on you tube. I love Wednesdays 6 AM at Pyramid.