Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Dana point jetty Saturday night

Default Dana point jetty Saturday night

Conditions were perfect, no wind, 6.3ft high tide "full" moon. Got out there. Before dark and managed to catch a spotty on a revenge swim jig with a blade trailer.

bounced a jig and craw trailer along the kelp and rocks for over an hour and kept getting short bit, I have a bunch of clawless craws now, lol. Switched to a 5" black grub on a weedless head and started Whacking em. 3 "keepers biggest was 17" 10 or so shorts and 1 octopus!?! Fun night can't wait until next full moon.

sorry no picks of the calicos, too busy catching fish once I figured out what they wanted.
    Last edited by twin22s; 08-02-2015 at 02:26 AM.

Nice bassfest...with a side order of fresh "tako". You know you're bumping the bottom when you start getting those things. Sounds like a great night out.

Congrats!
    Don

Hi ya twin22s,

An excellent job of getting out there, figuring out what the fish wanted, and for landing a bunch of them!
    Sounds like the perfect fishing session to me!

Thanx for the fish report with picture!

Hopefully I'll see ya at the up coming HG-7.

SP Dan <"))><

That's awesome! I've been wanting to try DPH out in my yak. A friend recently caught a perch from the jetty there that was quickly stolen by a moray eel. Too much fun.

Nice spottie!

Interesting bait choice as well, but hey, whatever works right!?
    keep it up