Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PM 3/4 charter

Default PM 3/4 charter

After struggling at Pyramid to cure our boil chasing desire we arrived at Castaic at 10 am to find a boil at the ramp. Then one on the point then one on the next point..

First 5 mins and we had 2 fish on three boils at 10 am. WOW..

Long story short is they boiled very good and from what the others told us we missed the best part in the morning.

We ended up hooking and farming probably 30 plus fish at castaic and with Pyramids totals from the morning probably pushed us up to 50.

We did struggle with the anxiety of what is boil fishing but by the end of the day I think we overcame it.

From my perspective and I think MO and AA will agree is that people are NOT Squashing boils. The fish are just boat shy. First boat anywhere near a boil and they sunk out. And everyone was respectful and nobody squashed one.

We did have some boils pop up near the boat but the schools were really moving. If you didn't anticipate the direction and idled that way you were SOL when they came back up 200 yds away. None of that sitting and they pop up in the same spot yesterday.

Again, I can't say enough about the other boil chasers, they were awesome and a few rental guys really did well. They sure had some skills and If they had better /faster boats would have KILLED it!

Nothing but respect for guys in rentals slaying on boils from ME!

Water temp hit 80 by the afternoon and loved it.

Met a couple FNN'ers but couldn't really hear his name. Something 123 ? Good meeting you.

We ended up giving our fish to a father/daughter team in a rental that only had 1 fish. He was happy she just wanted to go home and "livechat" with her friends. Wtf? Our kids are so dependant online crap..

I gotta watch what I say though because my best fishing friends are a direct result of FNN
    Last edited by cutbait; 08-01-2015 at 06:52 AM.

MO and I suffered from boil anxiety and yelled at each other all morning. The kind of yelling only deep friends can do without fear of making the other mad. Only true friends can if you know what I mean.

Here is how MO looked in the boat when I was full throttle to a boil

In MO defense, this is how I drove to a boil

No other kind of fishing can match the rush and joy of chasing
    Last edited by cutbait; 08-01-2015 at 07:04 AM.

Great report bro,,,,

Love the top notch boil report,,,,,Boil season is IMO meant to be a B L A S T,,,Not a time to pizz and moan about all the other fishermen who just don't do it right,,lol

I'm glad that my friends got to have a great NON RELAXING day boil chasing,,,we waited 9 months for it to begin just like an expecting parent , and when it did finally happen you 3 got the absolute most out of it,,

I say KUDOS to the three of you.

IM NEXT,,lol,,,,,I would have made the move with you but Jacob was having a blast on the MID troll fish .

CB,MO,AA

You guys rockd it

TRAIL BLAZER

You know it Tb

Thanks for holding the PM charter for me as I arrived from work.
    I can only say that the Capt (CB) and deckhand (MO) are top notch.
    After dialing in the morning fish, they had us right back on em in the afternoon.
    I had a blast!!!
    Yes... The little fleet of rental skiffs were way cool people. Everyone was respectful of each other, & actually helping each other out.

Bako Boy guide service is 2nd to NONE
    I'd hop on the GreenCarp anytime. Great crew.

Although the Capt forgot to mention that we came back in with about
    2 TBS. of fuel left in the tank. Lol

Good times as always my friends

You guys are the best friends and fishing buddies a guy could ask for...

Thanks for using my services

I love boil season...
    It always brings out the "best" in people.

Great job on the fish..You guys are a class act.

one thing is forsure cutbait.

The FINAL FOUR are keepers

T/B

Good job Gents...nothing beats boiling fish...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast