Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cecil the lions death.

anyone know a good outfitter for a gorilla hunt?

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    anyone know a good outfitter for a gorilla hunt?
    Gorilla?

Step it up and go full human.

:-D

I hear we're a smart beast, and tracking and shooting one of us may be harder than it looks.

I still want to know a good outfitter so I can shoot some dolphins on our coast. Nothing like a bottlenose head mounted on my wall to get the ole pheromones going.

Full Human ? Hell that's been going on for years.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img330.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	46772

Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Plenty of people, not many Lions.
    You mean, too many people, not enough lions.
    "Liberal" or "Conservative". Killing lions is BS. If they're endangering you, it's only because you're forcing them to by crowing them or starving them out.
    Absolutely no excuse for killing anyone or anything unless it's self defense. Necessary food hunting not included. For you Floridians, that would be "stand your ground" or sneak up and kill your neighbor that your fighting with and then say I was afraid for my life. Apparently that seems to work as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    You mean, too many people, not enough lions.
    "Liberal" or "Conservative". Killing lions is BS. If they're endangering you, it's only because you're forcing them to by crowing them or starving them out.
    Absolutely no excuse for killing anyone or anything unless it's self defense. Necessary food hunting not included. For you Floridians, that would be "stand your ground" or sneak up and kill your neighbor that your fighting with and then say I was afraid for my life. Apparently that seems to work as well.
    As I said in an earlier post, most sport hunting in Africa is now a days is done on a game ranch. (surrounded by a game proof fence to keep the animals inside the ranch) Hunting wild animals in the wild is not the norm. So are you against raising any animal for the profit of a rancher????? It could not be just for a food source (cattle, pigs and chickens) but for their hides etc??? Most game animals in Africa are like that, their being raised as a CASH crop for the rancher. Are you Brent a vegetarian or don't wear leather or other animal products???? Same logic, these animals are raised for their commercial value!!!!!! That's why I had no desire to EVER hunt in Africa!!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 08-13-2015 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    As I said in an earlier post, most sport hunting in Africa is now a days is done on a game ranch. (surrounded by a game proof fence to keep the animals inside the ranch) Hunting wild animals in the wild is not the norm. So are you against raising any animal for the profit of a rancher????? It could not be just for a food source (cattle, pigs and chickens) but for their hides etc??? Most game animals in Africa are like that, their being raised as a CASH crop for the rancher. Are you Brent a vegetarian or don't wear leather or other animal products???? Same logic, these animals are raised for their commercial value!!!!!! That's why I had no desire to EVER hunt in Africa!!!!!
    Not a vegetarian by any means, but killing wild animals like rhinos, lions, tigers, elephants and such is just stupid. There's not enough and they're not sustainable, even if you breed them on ranches just for killing. It just doesn't make sense.
    Although deer that are overpopulating all over the place are very tasty. I guess I am somewhat hypocritical regarding it, but I've somehow like most people compartmentalized my feelings towards domesticated animals raised for food and products. Go figure???

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    Not a vegetarian by any means, but killing wild animals like rhinos, lions, tigers, elephants and such is just stupid. There's not enough and they're not sustainable, even if you breed them on ranches just for killing. It just doesn't make sense.
    Although deer that are overpopulating all over the place are very tasty. I guess I am somewhat hypocritical regarding it, but I've somehow like most people compartmentalized my feelings towards domesticated animals raised for food and products. Go figure???
    Brent you are normally a pretty good guy, so in correcting a little bit of your logic is for educational purposes only. lol You're a right there isn't enough rhinos period!! So they never should be hunted, they are already poached to the point of extinct just for their horns. There aren't enough Wild Tigers either!!!! (they should also never be allowed to be hunted) Wild Lions, not enough of them around anyway to really worry about. (even if you tried to reintroduce them) the locals would go out and kill them as nuisances. A Lion on a fenced in private property now that's a different story. In the animal kingdom certain animals collect harams for breeding. (a male lion is a good example) One male lion may have 10 girlfriends, that leaves 9 other male lions out in the cold!!!! lol If a rancher feels he can remove say 4 over the hill Lions, (4 younger lions then can take their places) and sell them as hunting trophies for $50,000 a piece. 4 times $50,000 equals $200,000 that seems to make a lot of financial sense, to any Land owner that has several prides of lions on them. As for Elephants, they can be very destructive even in Parks. They are commonly culled out even in a sanctuary or on private land. So hunting them is just like hunting Whitetail deer back east. (It makes a lot of sense) lol This is a very emotional issue, but sound animal management is still the proper thing to do in this world!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 08-18-2015 at 07:47 PM.

let's ask Ted Nugent for his opinion...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234