Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cecil the lions death.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Cecil the lions death.

I think that is just a horrible thing, what do you think about that. He might as well killed him in a zoo, big bad hunter.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	66368c011f8257489273321d85be2c6cf425a78e.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	27.6 KB 
ID:	46721

this is a tough one most cat hunts in Africa are baited hunts and targeting certain Cats that are either causing issues with the public , very old animals (to help a younger cat take over a pride) .. this Case is very Fishy as the Guides alone only charged 50,000 on a hunt like this . these hunts are usually 2x that much and the guides are supposed to partner with a Park Ranger for the duration of a big cat hunt and they help to ensure you hunt the correct animal . It appears this outfit did none of the sorts , even though they had all the proper documents those can be forged and poaching is a huge issue in Africa .. untill further details are released and we know all , it is hard to call .. Sad indeed

Meh.....

Yeah that is kind of crazy, never thought of it that way.

also read conflicting reports on his brother jericho. one group said he was killed after cecil was and another person says jerichos gps tag still showing he is alive.

I have no problem with hunting and have done my share of it in my day. Just sayin I think its sad that Cecil is dead he was a popular cool cat.

Quote Originally Posted by old pudd fisher View Post
    I think that is just a horrible thing, what do you think about that. He might as well killed him in a zoo, big bad hunter.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	66368c011f8257489273321d85be2c6cf425a78e.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	27.6 KB 
ID:	46721
    Plenty of people, not many Lions.

anyone know a good outfitter for a gorilla hunt?

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    anyone know a good outfitter for a gorilla hunt?
    Gorilla?

Step it up and go full human.

:-D

I hear we're a smart beast, and tracking and shooting one of us may be harder than it looks.

I still want to know a good outfitter so I can shoot some dolphins on our coast. Nothing like a bottlenose head mounted on my wall to get the ole pheromones going.

Full Human ? Hell that's been going on for years.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img330.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	46772

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast