Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just got a used boat, want to fish the harbor

1: Vessel Assist
    2: VHF
    3: Two Batteries
    4: All Safety equip,flares,PFDs,horn,ect...
    5: Rope,anchor.
    6: Ropes to tie off at dock,bumpers.
    7: Push pole,to push away for dock,or grab dock or stop you from bumping dock or other boat.
    8: Plenty of gas.
    9: A lot of common sense,patience,and courtesy.
    10:I'm sure there's more and I'll let others add to the list.
    Oh yeah,have a great time!

Cya Tuna Vic

I'm not sure if flares are still a regulation. I do know the Coast Guard will ask for a Type A throw able floatation device. If you are primarily using this in the saltwater, Vessel Assist is a must. One incident where you are towed back to the launch will be more than a years membership fees. Life vests much be Coast Guard approved and one for each person on board. Oh and a emergency 12v portable jump starter is always good to have. IT's always good to familiarize yourself with boating rules and regs before heading out. If you are out on the salt, you will most like always get stopped by Harbor Patrol for a much of questions.

Quote Originally Posted by murrieta angler View Post
    Safety first Bro.

Fire extinguisher
    Whistle
    Life vests
    Radio

Been a while since I've owned, OTHERS CHIME IN PLEASE

Robert
    <><
    Last edited by lagunaCOCONUT; 07-30-2015 at 05:04 PM.

Thanks for all the great info guys.

Quote Originally Posted by lagunaCOCONUT View Post
    I'm not sure if flares are still a regulation. I do know the Coast Guard will ask for a Type A throw able floatation device. If you are primarily using this in the saltwater, Vessel Assist is a must. One incident where you are towed back to the launch will be more than a years membership fees. Life vests much be Coast Guard approved and one for each person on board. Oh and a emergency 12v portable jump starter is always good to have. IT's always good to familiarize yourself with boating rules and regs before heading out. If you are out on the salt, you will most like always get stopped by Harbor Patrol for a much of questions.
    flares are still required i think on size. must have a signaling device, like a mirror i think

You didn't mention which harbor, but no doubt, in time you'll want to go outside the harbor. So, I'd strongly recommend navigation equipment; GPS, Compass, nautical chart, depending on your destination. Also, a VHF radio in case you need to call the towing company, and to listen to weather broadcasts, talk to other boaters, etc.

Definitely suggest two bilge pumps in case of a leak; primary being electric, and a hand pump in case you lose your electric power. (you don't want to have to use a bait bucket or your hat)

Check the latest boating regs for required safety equipment, don't scrimp on life preservers!

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by flyhigh123 View Post
    ~120 a year... if u ever need a tow without out, its around $300 to start and $300 per hour. Get it your first year of use at the least.
    It is around half that price because the year is half over. So Boat US membership and Unlimited towing as of August will run you around $100 give or take a few bucks.

With any new owner wanting to go on the big pond, take a coast guard course and get it ocean ready. Truly a different animal going out beyond the breakwater. Safe first. Do your home work and have fun.

for your first few trips, take someone who is experienced in boating on the ocean.

Default Fishing in Bodega Bay

North Bay Charters specialize in fishing charters in Bodega Bay. Fishing in Bodega Bay like to catch include sturgeon, striped bass, salmon, rockfish, dungeness crab, tuna, lingcod etc. Contact us at captainericholthouse@gmail.com.

Thanks for all the great advice.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast