Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just got a used boat, want to fish the harbor

Default Just got a used boat, want to fish the harbor

Hey guys need some tips on what I need to take on my boat to fish the harbor area. The boat is a 1988 Seaswirl 16 ft with a Evinrude 90. Me and my dad got it pretty cheap and would like to use it for recreational but more important for FISHING!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3588.jpg 
Views:	357 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	46718Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3590.jpg 
Views:	317 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	46719Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3592.jpg 
Views:	316 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	46720

Congratulation on the boat...First thing is to take it to a lake and run it...Don't want to get stuck in the ocean..Pudding stone is a great lake to test it.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueGillChaser View Post
    Congratulation on the boat...First thing is to take it to a lake and run it...Don't want to get stuck in the ocean..Pudding stone is a great lake to test it.
    if u take it to the lake, make sure u have the quagga sticker. make sure the engine runs before putting it in the water. other than that have fun. If you plan to take it out to the ocean, get a sea tow membership. i just got a boat, been towed twice, would have cost me over $1500 as opposed to just the membership.

first thing you need is a bait tank , congrtas on the boat

I will definitely need to go and test it out. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by flyhigh123 View Post
    if u take it to the lake, make sure u have the quagga sticker. make sure the engine runs before putting it in the water. other than that have fun. If you plan to take it out to the ocean, get a sea tow membership. i just got a boat, been towed twice, would have cost me over $1500 as opposed to just the membership.
    What does this membership cost?

Quote Originally Posted by luckyjr21 View Post
    first thing you need is a bait tank , congrtas on the boat
    How big do you think will fit in the boat and not be overdoing it?

Thanks.

Safety first Bro.

Fire extinguisher
    Whistle
    Life vests
    Radio

Been a while since I've owned, OTHERS CHIME IN PLEASE

Robert
    <><

Replace the trailer bearings first ,you don't know when the were serviced last , buy a extra set for on the road emergency repair , spare lug nuts etc. Put the earmuffs on the fresh water intake let it run to check for overheating , happy boating, Todd.

~120 a year... if u ever need a tow without out, its around $300 to start and $300 per hour. Get it your first year of use at the least.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast