Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Update/Perris report... We're rolling...

Default Update/Perris report... We're rolling...

So I haven't had much time lately to sit down and make reports with me being away at Clear lake for the WON BASS Clear lake Open, getting my new boat, getting it all set up and just spending time with family before Summer vacation comes to an end for my daughter here in a couple short weeks and of coarse work....So I figured Id come on and give everyone an update of what Ive been doing, tell you about my new boat and how its coming along and also give everyone a report of how the bite is at Perris.

As you may or may not know I sold my Skeeter in May.. It was biter sweet to see her go because that boat had been through a lot with me over the last 9 years. It saw countless tournaments come and go.. good finishes, bad finishes, ho hum finishes. One cool thing was that in my last tournament ever in my Skeeter back in April I was able to get a big win on Perris. I was the defending Angler of the Year this year as I won the AOY title in 2014 for the ABA Inland Empire region.. Unfortunately scheduling conflicts kept me from defending my title this season in that region and I could only fish a couple rounds of that series so to finish in 1st place at that April tourney meant something to me.. The only series I was able to fish completely this season was the ABA Diamond Valley region. I won the Angler of the year title last year so this year I really wanted to try to defend my title which Carissa (My wife) and I were able to do as we won the title again this year...All in my Trusty Skeeter. That boat was awesome for me.. as it helped bring thousands and thousands of bass aboard over the last 9 years..
    So with all the good memories in that boat it was tough to see it get taken away by someone else.. That day was surreal and bitter sweet but I knew that good things were on the way.
    I just had signed a deal with Nitro Boats and ordered my new Nitro from Bass Pro Shops. that helped ease the uneasiness of watching my long me friend get towed away by the new owner.

So I ordered my Nitro in May and by late June my new rig arrived from the factory.. Here she is .. Custom Nitro Z8 with a 250 HP Pro xs, with a Lowrance HDS 12 on the bow and Lowrance HDS 9 on the console.. Of coarse I had to do custom colors to match my F150 hahaha..

After I received my boat, I ordered my graphs from Lowrance who really stepped up big for me... Thank you Lowrance!!

So Ive had the boat and graphs for about 3 weeks now and I cant be any happier.. This Z8 rides like a dream, fishes great and the graphs are awesome...
    Of coarse I don't have it completely broken in yet as Im taking my time with it and doing it right.... But that hasn't stopped me from fishing and guiding in it. AND I also fished my first tourney in it the other day at the ABA night event at Perris where we finished 8th.. Not the greatest finish but we had a big bass and were only a bite away from a check and possible win... all in all the night went well and it was awesome fishing deep with my new graphs after just having them put on about 2 days prior.

Now its back to the grind for me guiding and getting ready for the US OPEN coming at the beginning of September at Lake Mead... Im really looking forward to fishing Mead again after my high finish there last year at the Open.

As far as the bite at Perris right now... ITS SUMMER the bite is good... Some days are a bit better than others but overall the bite is great. Im getting bass shallow and deep.. Shallow fish on the topwater baits and other reaction baits like the tailspin, Alabama rig, and swimbaits to name a few.... and the deep water fish are coming out of 25-45 ft of water on plastics and even some reaction baits...

Like I said some days are a little better than others but the bite overall is great with a bunch of baits and techniques producing.. If you like to fish deep they are there. If you like to fish shallow they are there.. If you wanna worm or if you wanna throw reactions.. Its all producing to some degree.. The key to finding the bigger fish is to find or know where the right shad are... If you find the 2-4 inch shad you catch bigger bass, if you fish the shad fry you catch more but overall smaller size fish.
    Because Ive been there, I know where each are and so weve been having mixed results in size and quanity.. It all depends on which fish want to bite on any given day... but with my knowledge of the deep and shallow bites I have all the bases covered..

Here are a couple pics from the last week or so.. Mike had a SOLID 5 lber absolutely SMOKE his topwater bait... this fish had the bait down in its gullet almost....CHOKED IT!!!

We fished both deep and shallow and caught bass doing both on multiple techniques..
    Then heres a pic of Jim who came out before I got the graphs on and we fished shallow most of the day and caught a bunch AND he hooked onto this monster catfish..20lbs!!! It was an unexpected surprise but Jim handled it like a champ and put it in the boat after an EPIC fight on 8 lb line.. We actually fished deep too and we caught 5-6 in a short time and I didn't even have graphs on the boat...haha...Good Times.

So if your ready to get out to Perris with me in the new Nitro call my cell and book your trip.. (909) 241-8283..

If you want to go learn to fish deep... or if you just like to fish deep..Nows the time.. If throwing topwater is what you desire...CALL ME because I know where they are CHOKING the topwater baits.
    Of you want to go throw other reactions too..NOWS the time..... OR IF YOU WANT TO GO FISH SHALLOW AND DEEP...NOWS THE TIME!!! But you need to call me and get your trip booked..

Also check me out on Facebook at Pete Marino Fishing.. Give my page a like and a share PLEASE!! Im about ready to do another giveaway but you have to "Like" my page to be eligible.

Pete

PeteMarinoGuideService.com

Nice rig Pete, thing looks like a stealth bomber!

thanks bro!!!!!

Nice looking Rig Pete and Good luck to you @ Mead ( i know you did well last time 9th i believe ?) .. looks like the lake has unearthed some hidden treasures recently with the Drought .. look forward to seeing that beauty at Perris

Thanks Misfitdog...

Yep got 9th last year and a dead fish penalty kept me out of 8th place... I hoping to better that this year...

The bite at Perris in the meantime is doing great!!!!

I still have trips available over the next 2-3 weeks in the mean time if people want a fun trip to Perris!!!

Pete