Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Their back! Local Tails

Default Their back! Local Tails

Two buddy's Bubba and Jaime and myself fished Monday,launched from Davies at 7:00am,went straight to see Nacho,only one skiff ahead of us,he gave us what I will just call a very generous 1/2scoop of big sardines.
    I told my buddy be sure and tip him,he will always take care of you if you take care of him,always.
    Visited with him for a little while and talked about old mutual friends and watched one of his pups munching on dines that jumped out of the net.
    Headed towards the 150 and the fleet was sitting somewhat southwest of the 150 in about 15fathoms of water.
    It was a little bumpy on the way out but tolerable,water temp actually reached 72dgrs during the day,a lot of seals around stole bait but never bothered our hooked up tails.
    We stopped way short of the fleet with no one near us,we've been doing this with good results the past few weeks.
    We started soaking the dines and get first bite pretty quick,nice fish,then we keep getting bit and they are all big Barrie's,so we switch to iron,we put 10 nice cuda on board,and leave the area looking for something else,we end up back north around the rock pile and realize it's only about 10:45 and we still have good bait,so we head back to where we started.
    Again we throw the dines and bang a double,we fight both tails for a few minutes lose one comes unbuttoned and we get the other,then one last hookup and we end up with 3nice tails and 10 Barrie's,we had a lot of fun,take care guys,go get em! Forgot to mention,all four tails weighed only ounces in difference,right at 24lbs ea.

Cya Tuna Vic
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	46699   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	250 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	46698   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	232 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	46697   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	207 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	46700  
    Last edited by TUNAVIC; 07-28-2015 at 10:20 PM.

Fine job Vic!

Good fish, good fun, good eats...congrats!

Thanks Cory, and Stumpknocker!

Cya Tuna Vic

Nice job Vic!! Fished canyon last night
    And me and a buddy ended up with
    About 20 small crappies....

Cm

[QUOTE=crappiemike;768389]Nice job Vic!! Fished canyon last night
    And me and a buddy ended up with
    About 20 small crappies....
    Way to go Mike,I love crappie,used to kill em at Cachuma,you always seem to do great gettin em,my pb is 3lbs at Puddingstone while fishing for bass,got it on a chigger craw! Obviously an incedental catch.
    Cya Tuna Vic

Nice report Vic.
    Good to see you getting the intended target.
    Robert
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by murrieta angler View Post
    Nice report Vic.
    Good to see you getting the intended target.
    Robert
    <><
    Yeah as you know Robert,as much as we fish incedental catches are quite common,so it is nice when we get the intended species,like WSB,Halibut,Tails,and Tuna,thanks and take care!
    Cya Tuna Vic