Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: From Dana point to San-O "off-shore" 7-26

Default From Dana point to San-O "off-shore" 7-26

Headed out of Dana harbor at 5:30 with a scoop of scales with some deans mixed in, did get 2-3 macks tho. Drove out to the parking lot. Lots of boat no fish so we turned south. Found a few dry patties and trolled with some dolphin for nothing. Got to the domes 4-5 miles from shore and nothing happening so we turned west and got to about 7 miles out and found a pattie with some bait under it an a few small DoDo loooong soak and chunk picked us up 2 YFT 20 and 23lbs on the scale at home. Bait was dead and seas were rough so we turned into the harbor around 1:00. Both tuna had our chunks in their bellies.

First YFT on deck, not bad for my first ever.

Tad with his 23LBer, had to one-up me,

Dock shot of mine

Spoils to the victor!

Real good looking fish right there.......good job on the hunt fellas!!

Great job making a move and finding some fish. It was a desert out there for most of us. Lots of looking and no sign of fish. A fair share of moaning and groaning over the airwaves got entertaining.

Congrats!
    Don

I heard a lot of talk on the radio about the bad fishing, we just picked a good looking patty and stuck with it for awhile. I tried to get the DoDo to go on a megabait with 12lb line but just followers. tuna were caught on 30 and 40# floro. live dine and mini mack.

nice catch............