Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: saltwater reel

Default saltwater reel

Hi does anyone have any recommendations for a saltwater spinning reel...I am planning to use this reel on the 8ft6 okuma medium heavy fast action rod for casting out lures and bait and wait here and there....please let me know if you have recommendations...thanks

Just bought an Okuma Epixor Spinning Reel, EF-40 on amazon and 12lb 1000yd sesugar invisx line...hmm I hope it works lol

Check out the Okuma Azores. I've been abusing the heck out of my Azores Z80S battling numerous batrays and leopard sharks it just kept going. It has auto bail closure so when you cast make sure the handle is in the down position. Because of the weight of the solid handle, it'll tend to cycle on a cast and close the bail if the handle is in the up position. Other than that, it's an awesome reel.

I'm done with Okuma, had a 3' sand shark and the crank shaft snapped.
    Tossed it in a trash can, didn't even want a free warranty one.
    Had much better luck with Shimano, Daiwa.

inthezone
    I've always liked Shimano spinning reels for both freshwater and salt water use. I saw this one online at wallyworld real cheap, so I got one and tried it out on a 9 ft Shimano rod and it works great.
    Seemed to be a nice balanced outfit and not heavy at all. the spool is big enough to hold plenty of line (braid or mono) and the drag system is nice and smooth.
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Shimano-FX...-Reel/16641449
    Can't find a cheaper reel anywhere and if you spend more than $35 on an online order the shipping is free. Plus it took only 4 days after ordering online it was at my door.
    Good luck in your search
    TTFM
    Last edited by Trout-Tuna-For.Me; 08-03-2015 at 05:41 PM.