Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Great a.m. Session at Malibu

Default Great a.m. Session at Malibu

Got there at about 5:15 a.m. And started chucking the LC into pure glass. 15 minutes in it just went wide open, couldn't keep em off my lure! Stopped fishing about 30 minutes ago with a final fish count of 6 halibut (all short, but the tail gripped one below was close at 20 inches) 3 jack smelt (any way to make use of these things in the future? I threw them back because they looked like they can't taste good. Tasty recipes or bait for catfish/stripers?) and 2 calico bass, one short and one barely legal.

Now I'm eating some well earned McDonald's breakfast and about to head home to my wife who's probably just gonna be waking up when I get home lol.

One last thing is a special shout out to the S.W.A.T. Guys for all the knowledge they share so freely here. I feel like this morning all those lessons I read on here finally clicked! If you're new here and reading this, look up their threads, and it'll put you on fish :)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	46674Click image for larger version. 

Views:	250 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	46676Click image for larger version. 

Views:	223 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	46677Click image for larger version. 

Views:	220 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	46678
    Last edited by camdozer; 07-26-2015 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Typos

Awesome! It's great to know that the water is healthy and the fish are prevalent!

Nice session sir. That is what it is all about. As you can see there are only a few responses here but look at the views. Fishing has been relatively slow and usually when the water temps climb above the 70 degree mark the flatties slide out into a cooler zone. I know why they are still in tight where you were fishing though. Keep that spot hush hush as much as possible for your own elbow room buddy.
    As for the smelt.....I'm sure somebody has found a way to cook them up but I've never heard anything that even remotely made me curious. Then again I practice C&R as much as possible so the future generations can enjoy the sport as much as I do and to be honest.....When I get done fishing the LAST thing I wanna do is clean a fish. I'm always dead tired when I get home these days....LOL

Tight lines to you always,

Mike

BTW... I see you have already mastered the kung fu sand hand grip....PERFECT!

--------<><
    Last edited by bones; 07-26-2015 at 07:53 PM.

Good job out there Bro...
    With all those short flatties, there had to be a big one hanging around out there as well.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Robert
    <><

Hi camdozer

thank you for the fun report. I'm glad you had a productive session out there this morning. Keep them coming.

regards,

Nick

Hey Cam,
    Way to stick it to em!!! Couldn't be happier for you. Now go out there and nail that big girl. She's out there waiting for you!

Congrats on a great session!
    Don

Hey there camdozer, nice job finding the right kind of structure to fish , to top that off the fish cooperated also , what more can you ask for ? Thanx for keeping it real ;) I appreciate that !

Congrats on a great session. Forget the smelt and stick with Mc Donalds
    Last edited by vdisney; 07-28-2015 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vdisney View Post
    Congrats on a great session. Forget the smelt and stick with Mc Donalds
    Haha, it had really been a hot minute since I had a sausage mcmuffin man. I know they're disgusting and I regretted it all afternoon, but goddamnit if they're not delicious going down!