I got a new kind of ultralight reel for float tubing. Since I do a lot of deep water (15 to 30 ft) vertical jigging for panfish while float tubing, this "new" type reel which looks a lot like a fly reel, is primarily made for ice fishing worked pretty good. It's made for very light line; 1 to 4 lb test, has an adjustable free spool button and a smooth star drag system along with a "clicker" button. The double handle has large soft grips. You can't really cast with it, it's made to just drop your bait straight down thru a hole in the ice, but I found that you can jig, troll or dead stick with it. What I think is great is that you can put the "clicker" on while you slowly kick or drift along, and if you get a bite, the reel will tell you. You do need to loosen the drag somewhat for this to work, then you can easily tighten it up while fighting the fish, and also turn off the clicker or it will make that noise while you are bringing in the fish. The star drag is a little touchy and you have to get it set just right while using the very light lines that this reel was made for. For me, I use circle hooks so I do not have to "set the hook", the fish hook themselves when they grab the bait/lure and turn to swim away with it. Just put the rod in rod holder and relax. Rod goes down, drag clicker screams and FISH ON! I think this reel would work good for trout fishing the lakes too, especially when drift fishing a drop shot rig.