Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: lake mead boils

Default lake mead boils

Hit the water early and got on some boils. Small stripers,only about a pound each and some even smaller. Waiting for the bigger models to hit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1381.jpg 
Views:	375 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	46667   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1382.jpg 
Views:	326 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	46668  

Sweet miss fishing Mead might have to make a trip out there this year. Have not been there for alot of years, where can you launch now that the water is so low Hemmingway?
    Thanks for the report been fishing Havasu stripers, starting to get better then they have been for the last few years.

you can still launch from Hemmingway and boulder harbor. Be prepared for hidden rocks. I launched from government wash(dirt road with a kayak). Best to call Hemmingway before hand.

Thanks will have to make sure can launch before making the trip. We use to fish between Boulder and Hemmingway would stay at a campground there between them had couple of rooms and a store there water was only couple hundred yards from campground. This photo was taken long time ago, had a lot of good times there.

Looks like I should have come your way this weekend. Looking at dates later September or October. Don't catch all the fish before I get there!

I can't make any promises. You had better get your paddling skills in practice though. I felt like I was curcuit training;paddle, paddle, paddle, cast, cast, maybe catch, paddle, paddle, paddle, etc. Nice workout in 100 degree heat.

I'll be out again Saturday doing my training. You certainly like to bust my balls out there so I'll be as prepared as I can be!