Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Tough days on Skinner

Default Tough days on Skinner

Well went out with My Nephew last week and a good friend of mine this week,....tough days both times, last week we ended up with 4 bass, my Nephew landed his largest one ever, 5 pounds & 9 ounces....this time out we got 2.....All fish this week caught on Drop shot, Last week my nephew got his big one on a chatter bait, and mine were on a neko rig and Texas rig......I have not got the lake figured out yet, but will keep working on it...The water level is going down each week......

Tough indeed. This week has been pretty good on stripers, but it's been one of those "right place, right time" kind of deals. Went out today Friday 24th and because of the bright skies at sunrise even the stripers were playing hard to get. Luckily I got a couple out of the gate otherwise nada. Thanks for another perspective darknight.

The Dog Days of Summer!

Thought I'd add to this thread instead of starting a new one. 7/28 and same old grind. Water is down about a foot or so. The striper bite has been ok for maybe 30 minutes from opening and that's it. Sun comes up and game over.

I went out in my kayak fri and today. Very slow fishing for me too. About the most excitement i had today was tying on a gold kastmaster and getiing bit by baby bass constantly. Got tired of that quick and trolled some lures in the late morning. Off the lake by noon bpth days.

Out today 8/7 . Water about the same level and ~83*. Mr. stripey has mostly left the inlet area. Yah you can hit a couple between 6am and 6:30 but nothing like a week or two ago. I tell you I feel pretty good about landing 5 by 11:30. Lots of searching out bait and getting depth and presentation right. Really tests a person. I guess some smelly bait and wait might change things but just not my style. LMB are still slow.

My friend and I are going in the morning. Taking the u rigs and lite tackle for bluegill. Have you heard anything about the panfish action P.A.W.?