Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Wooo found a new hole!! 7 species on LC + rare perch. 7/23

Default Wooo found a new hole!! 7 species on LC + rare perch. 7/23

It was hiding right in front of my eyes. Rick went diving so he doesn't even know exactly where this one is at, just the stretch ;)

I arrived around 9am and Conditions were awesome despite the salad. lots of bait surfacing. Saw a calico go airbourne along with some smelt. and i think i saw a big hali jump but i couldn't tell. birds working along the stretch.

First i started at a spot ive been hitting recently. Started off with Swimbait wasn't feeling the 4in so i went to 5/8 kroc to get smaller mouthed fish (croaker, smelt, mac, cuda) to get the skunk off. also too weedy for the LC. Hook up with a jumping smelt 3rd cast. self release. After that i worked the area for 20 mins. the bait stopped surfacing and the weeds got worse. Time to move.

Took awhile to find a zone with out grass. New spot found. Switched up to the Aurora baby croaker LC. Pretty much went wide open on a great variety for the next hour. All with out pliers! lol

First target

few casts later. Croaker eat croaker.

Got this guy and picked off a mac and few smelt. i knew i was in a good zone. This thing pulled pretty good and i thought it was a legal hali at first.

scored another croaker!

Then a future hog.

and another yfc

After a while it finally died down. walked down the beach and found grass every cast. went back to the hole. Action continued.

Rare Bu perch! Nice to see on after siz months. it went 11.5

And another short

Didn't have work today so aftwer the morning sesh was over i went home and did some gardening and Rick wanted to hit it for an evening sesh. Of course i was down after what happened. He missed out on some crazy action!

Scrapped 2 more shorts and 2 cudas.

This one chased ricks swibait and jump out of water for it. i tossed the lc near and wam

Ended with 21 fish! one of my better days.
    7 smelt
    5 hali
    3 yfc
    3 cuda
    1mac
    1 perch
    1 calico

Get on Sean, much congrats..............V

Good going Sean. You need a new tape measure dude.

Nice tally sheet. As far as that tape measure, Mike's right...your new rod needs a new companion. You can use car wax on the tape to make it last a bit longer. That isn't going to save it from the salt but it does help a little. Or you could just go to a soft tape.

Don

Thumbs up

What an awesome outing... congrats!

PM me your mailing address, I'll send you a couple of new tape measures.

6. Default

that's freaking sweet!

thanks all!! :)

Very nice session!
    One of the better mixed fish in a long time.
    Nice report,
    Robert
    <><

Excellent action and kudos on your landed fish results Sir!

Thanx for the fish report with pic's.

SP Dan <"))><
    Last edited by SP Dan; 07-31-2015 at 09:14 AM.