Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Any Pyramid lake reports -New to Forum_

Default Any Pyramid lake reports -New to Forum_

Hi all, I am new to this forum. Just got my fishing license after not having one for over 20 years. Just a bit of background on my fishing skill.

Basically I suck or did suck at fishing, either thru lack of skill, improper rods, lures or what not I have never caught a large fish. It kind of put me off when I was younger. Anyhow I kayak a lot and seem to have gotten the fishing bug to try again so I am planning on trying to change my luck.

I am planning on making a trip to Pyramid Lake this Saturday (7-25) to go fishing on my Kayak with my pup. My main goal is trout as I bought a new rod that is designed for lighter fish. I will be using dough bait; I might also fish for some crappie or bluegill.

How are things on the lake? Arethe fish biting there and are there any hot spots? If anyone can provide some tips it would be much appreciated. Also does water level of lakes have anny impact on fishing?
    I am planning on getting there around 5:30 am. If anyone is planning on going let me know. I would love to chat and meet people.

:)

1. Don't take your pup

2. Take a topwater lure

3. Not enough crappie and bluegill to fool around with.

4. Your gonna have fun

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    1. Don't take your pup

2. Take a topwater lure

3. Not enough crappie and bluegill to fool around with.

4. Your gonna have fun

My Beagle Copper comes with me pretty much everywhere, he loves to get out on the water. He has his sea legs so he is good on the water. Is there a health reason to not bring him. I read up that there are Lake lice issues right now. Just want to make sure that if there is a health issue for dogs on the water due to Lake lice I will switch to Castaic.
    Which Topwater lures do you recommend?
    Thank you for the advice though I appreciate it.

I say don't take your pup because the fishing will be good.

Fishing comes before puppy baby sitting. Your going to want to move quick without hesitation. The pup is only going to distract.

Any Zara spook, walk the dog bait in shad pattern

Yes the lake lice is real thick right now. No matter what you do, you cant get rid of the lice. ROFL

no trout right now, too hot, wait for winter for trout. good luck!

welcome piratepup,,,

jfy

lake lice = pleasure boaters and wakeboarders and the such,,,,,,,,,,,there calld lice because you cant seem to keep them off you when fishing.

The mid is good right now,,limited trout though.

LMB and stripers on artificials and catfish on bait

TRAIL BLAZER

Quote Originally Posted by trail blazer View Post
    welcome piratepup,,,

jfy

lake lice = pleasure boaters and wakeboarders and the such,,,,,,,,,,,there calld lice because you cant seem to keep them off you when fishing.

The mid is good right now,,limited trout though.

LMB and stripers on artificials and catfish on bait

TRAIL BLAZER
    Thanks, yeah I looked them up and saw what it was, kind of gross but thats nature.
    I changed my plans though as I found out today that Castaic lake is having moonlight fishing Saturday so I will be hitting that up.

Moonlight fishing has been tough for years.

Fish pyramid with topwater and you will a lot of stripers.

You asked for help, Trailblazer and I are practically putting you on fish

Quote Originally Posted by Piratepup View Post
    I changed my plans though as I found out today that Castaic lake is having moonlight fishing Saturday so I will be hitting that up.
    There will be a group of us on the dam, we usually walk about half way down....you won't be able to miss you, just look for the group having the most fun wearing "Team 57" shirts.

Welcome to the board and good luck, hope to see you out there!

TD

Quote Originally Posted by troutdog View Post
    There will be a group of us on the dam, we usually walk about half way down....you won't be able to miss you, just look for the group having the most fun wearing "Team 57" shirts.

Welcome to the board and good luck, hope to see you out there!

TD
    OMG, Lake Lice........SO Yeah, I thought we were talking about a actual pest, I looked them up and their life cycle. I was informed at the Castaic Moonlight fishing event the type of Lake Lice you were all referring to. It was a good laugh though. LOL