Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Family Trip to Hawaii...with a side order of surf fishing.

Red face

Oh Man Brother Don... this has got to be the best report I've seen this year.

What a wonderful vacation with the family... and you even got to fish!

These memories will last a lifetime.

See you Sunday!

Great pics, very nice trip.
    DR

Hello Don my friend!!!!!!!

OMG (Oh my goodness, gosh ). What a great family vacation!!! I bet Ethan is bugging you to take him out fishing again real soon Your report was awesome and made me feel the adventure but the pics and all those bee-U-tee-full fish WOW. It was better than paying the bucks to go to the LB Aquarium HaHa

Alexa was fascinated by all the different variety of fishes. Alexa hopes you bring Ethan and Erin to HG7 so she can meet them.

Thank you for taking the time to "show and tell" us your great trip.

blessings brother,

Nick

Outstanding report Don! The pictures tell a great story, looks like your family & friends had a fantastic vacation.

Aloha brother!

Kelly

pretty freakin sweet dude!!!! looks like an awesome trip

Awesome report man... Love it when the kid said he rather fish LOL...

What type of rig did you have set up with the grub catching those Papios? I'll be in Hawaii in October with the family and hoping to do the same with my kids.

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    What an awesome vacation/report Don. The pics are amazing and the variety of colorful beautiful fish are mesmerizing !

I really know just how you felt when Ethan said “ I wanna go fishing again “. Nothing warms the heart of a father fisherman like those words and it looks to me like he has already got the infectious disease in a GOOD way. Great job pops...... Now the main battle is going to be when he is about 10 years older and testosterone kicks in. I ultimately lost the tug of war with my boy when he discovered GIRLS...LOL
    Also worthy of mention is Erin’s first fish the amazing barred Kupipi. Kinda looks like a zebra perch and the look on her face is priceless!

Thanks for sharing the wonderful memories with your family and friends!

See ya soon Brotha,

Mike
    Thanks sir! We had a great time and Ethan has got the fever BAD now. He was just about in tears when I went on the boat and didn’t take him this past weekend...good sign of things to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Very inspiring report Don, thanx for sharing your amazing family vacation with us , it really warms my heart to see the family fishing ! You guys put the wood to quite a variety of gorgeous fish, scenes and sceneries are priceless.
    God bless your family!

Tight lines,
    Edgar
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpknocker View Post
    Thanks for sharing this fantastic report...can’t beat fishing a new place with family and catching all those gorgeous new species with them...
    Thanks! Fortunately, I had a lot of experience fishing other islands so it wasn’t completely going in blind.

Quote Originally Posted by SP Dan View Post
    Hi ya bachiboy,

Family times, lots of good memories and a few beached fish! What an excellent way to spend time with your family!

Thanx for sharing your vacation with us!

SP Dan <”))><
    Thanks Danimal! It was one to remember! Gotta get back in the surf together soon.

Quote Originally Posted by TUNAVIC View Post
    Awesome trip,those pics were very cool,I saved a couple of those,the pics of your family were great too,thanks!

Cya Tuna Vic
    That is one amazing place that you could fill a scrapbook of awesome photos with.

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    Great report and a great time for the family. Wow what a variety of fish you caught, makes my head spin.
    I was hoping for a good variety to get my kids into and share with all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    great report and pics! we fished on Kuai a couple of years back and caught many species but no Papio.

What doesn’t eat a MORF???
    Thanks Tim! Time to get the girls back over there and enjoy the fun!

Quote Originally Posted by zzzfish View Post
    Thanks for the great report and info! I’ll be in Maui and Kauai in 10 weeks! Hopefully will have a great report like yours.
    Best of luck out there. Went to Maui last year and was pretty disappointed at the fishing results. It was a pleasant surprise to get into a good bite this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by murrieta angler View Post
    Very cool report Don..
    I was wondering if you were gong to get a chance to fish... OF COURSE YOU WERE!!
    Very cool to see everyone having fun, I liked the kids pointing to the rainbow.
    Awesome to see Ethan getting more interested in the sport that you enjoy as well.
    BUT, the best picture is the one of Erin holding the fish and examining it....
    Glad you had a fun time with friends and family.
    Take Care & God Bless,
    Robert
    <><

p.s. Good Luck on Sunday
    Ethan’s enthusiasm was probably the highlight of the trip for me. Now I really have ammo to acquire more hallpasses to the surf.

Wish Sunday went a little better, but it was a good time out on the deck of a boat regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
    Oh Man Brother Don... this has got to be the best report I’ve seen this year.

What a wonderful vacation with the family... and you even got to fish!

These memories will last a lifetime.

See you Sunday!
    Guess I used up all my fishing karma in Hawaii. Back to the “bachi” once we got on that boat!

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post
    Great pics, very nice trip.
    DR
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by anchor3n1 View Post
    Hello Don my friend!!!!!!!

OMG (Oh my goodness, gosh ). What a great family vacation!!! I bet Ethan is bugging you to take him out fishing again real soon Your report was awesome and made me feel the adventure but the pics and all those bee-U-tee-full fish WOW. It was better than paying the bucks to go to the LB Aquarium HaHa

Alexa was fascinated by all the different variety of fishes. Alexa hopes you bring Ethan and Erin to HG7 so she can meet them.

Thank you for taking the time to “show and tell” us your great trip.

blessings brother,

Nick
    Thanks Nick! The whole family will be there. Looking forward to seeing you and the girls again.

Quote Originally Posted by remington View Post
    Outstanding report Don! The pictures tell a great story, looks like your family & friends had a fantastic vacation.

Aloha brother!

Kelly
    Thanks Kelly! Looking forward to another surf session with you soon.

Quote Originally Posted by simijab View Post
    pretty freakin sweet dude!!!! looks like an awesome trip
    Thanks Jeff! Looking forward to seeing you at HG7 slaying some more beans with the LC!
    Quote Originally Posted by wyu View Post
    Awesome report man... Love it when the kid said he rather fish LOL...

What type of rig did you have set up with the grub catching those Papios? I’ll be in Hawaii in October with the family and hoping to do the same with my kids.
    Thanks! For my set up, I took a 8’6” Clarus steelhead rod (which became a 8’5” rod when my wife slammed the hatch of our rental on the butt and chopped off some cork handle.), a Stradic Ci4 3000 with 10# test. I put a medium sized bubble filled completely with water with about a 6-8’ 10# leader and the 3” grub on the end. I used a size 1 Rebarb hook which was kinda key. The way those fish kept pulling on the tail, it kept from sliding down and fouling. If you can’t find that hook, you can always just put a dab of Krazy glue on the hook before you slide on the grub. A lot of the guys I saw were using smaller grubs...always pink or black, but I used a motor oil with red flake. Hope that helps. Go get em!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12