Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Samo/Bu 2 PB's!! Breaking in the new rod. 7/21/14

Default Samo/Bu 2 PB's!! Breaking in the new rod. 7/21/14

Set out to Bu with Rick with a 3 hour sesh at our first AO. from 9 - 12 walked there and it was salad every cast. walked 1/4 mile to our next spot. Horrible salad. every cast. idk how rick casted on top of a small hali. That made him stay want for 1 hour. He wouldn't budge and there was seaweed everywhere around us. stuck it out till he finally gave in. light wind and small waves. with an over cast sky all day. 30 mins after ...

Rick hooks up on a 18.5" juvi

30 mins later and no more hits. we agreed to leave in 5 mins. 30 seconds later. dah dah dah dah! 17" wsb on my New Browning Steelhead rod. (Thanks bones and Edgar!)

Fish for 30 more mins and called it a day. I had the day off. Rick went to work. I took a nap and Chris wanted to hit it. an old friend who has been fishing with us more and more. Hes got a ways to go but he will be slaying with us shortly! Chris and I arrived around 6:30 PM.

within 5 mins. got a short bite on a swimbait. few casts later. get a wind knot.. not to bad. figure one more cast. Wave comes in and i step back on some rocks. as i'm hopping back with the rod over my should i get hit! fish on! decent one. came off after 5 seconds. Re tyed. feeling the LC. palomared on. 2nd cast.

ZzzzzZzZZZZzzzzzzzz... Fish ON!!!!! After a min or so i saw it flash about 30' out! Nice Hali! 30 seconds later its like 20' out it jumps straight up to the sky 2' out of the water!!!!! A local saw it and was freaking out. same with Chris. I was screaming!!!! Very sketchy bringing it around the rocks. Finally got it near my feet. Chris Volunteered himself and grab my fluro leader out of no where while i was trying to land the fish. Yelled at him lol! Tailed it and used my second hand to support it's bottom side. Epic catch for me!

My PB Hali! 24" on a brand new LC that i opened after i got home from my morning sesh. Bent hooks after the battle.

We fished for another 45 at that spot. then 30 at another. Time for some Long rodding. 30 mins in Chris gets the first bite Breaks in his 12' Okuma Longitude which is badass! As his first is landed I get a hook up.
    Double shovel! Chris was 44" mine was 42"

Wiggled themselves into this position.

Opted for double dropper loop and smaller hooks today with S.strips.
    Look who came to play.

A little while later i score Another Tractor! This was my 2nd PB at 45"
    Dipped out 45 mins later when we ran out of squishy.

What a day! Thanks for reading as always.

:D :)

Wow,that turned into one good session,those wsb are awesome looking! Wtg

Cya Tuna Vic

Sounds like a good session. Great report and pics.

Hey...I recognize those rocks!

Congrats on some fine fishing Sean and the PB. I'm glad you like the new rod. Mine has served me well and as a matter of fact I just bought another one for my daughter that I'm taking fishing in about a week or so.
    Keep up the good work!

Mike
    Last edited by bones; 07-22-2015 at 06:28 PM.

Hey Sean, congrats on the PB's , thats a way to break in a new rod . Those rocks are a dead giveaway , just saying...
    The rod is very nice , congrats, hope it serves you well. I know an old and wise man that has slayed many monsters of the surf with that rod , and i would never question his advice ... just saying....

Tight lines,
    Edgar

Great job breaking in the new stick Sean! Looks like you had a nice bunch of fish over your last couple sessions.

Congrats on the PBs!
    Don