Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Does Laguna Niguel Lake stock catfish?

Default Does Laguna Niguel Lake stock catfish?

Basically what the title says... Anyone happen to know? Ive checked their website and nothing. I tried calling to see if it was in the recorded message and they only mentioned the previous trout stockings.

They used to but not anymore as city pulled their permit to stay open at night

So everything there still C&R only?

I don't recall that it's ever been C&R only, I've been fishing it for 12 years. It's always been C&R with bass. But everything else is fair game...

Quote Originally Posted by goodguy View Post
    I don't recall that it's ever been C&R only, I've been fishing it for 12 years. It's always been C&R with bass. But everything else is fair game...
    Hmm, saw a groupon there that states "All species of fish are catch and release only." The one I have (previous one) says "Not valid during trout season." Just talked to them they said trout were scarce but if I caught one I could have it. Gonna hit that place up with the fly rod soon.

Quote Originally Posted by goodguy View Post
    How is it during the summer season with there being no stocking? Are the catfish scarce?

Quote Originally Posted by georgia_brown View Post
    Hmm, saw a groupon there that states "All species of fish are catch and release only." The one I have (previous one) says "Not valid during trout season." Just talked to them they said trout were scarce but if I caught one I could have it. Gonna hit that place up with the fly rod soon.
    Hmm.. Interesting, that must be new-ish... It's always been that way with LMB, but maybe now it's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Number1topgun View Post
    How is it during the summer season with there being no stocking? Are the catfish scarce?
    I've mostly done Bass fishing at LNL. But in the late afternoon/evening before it gets dark. I've had good luck with cats back by the inlet creek using fly lined nightcrawlers dipped in garlic. Even in the creek just about 5 -10 feet off the lake. its get's pretty deep in the first 10feet or so. But this was a couple of years ago.