Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Only game in town (pretty much) for private boaters this trout season?

Default Only game in town (pretty much) for private boaters this trout season?

So, given the recent unfortunate news regarding Irvine's new private vessel policy, and Corona being closed (hopefully reopening this winter with a good En Nino rainy season), aside from the dink state trout plants at the other reservoirs, I wonder if SARL is going to be doing anything special stocking-wise for the upcoming trout season to entice those of us with our own vessels?
    How many anglers will be making the migration to SARL, since they allow tubes, yaks and boats to be launched? Am I the only one expecting a healthy boost in business for the freeway fishing lakes? Whaddaya think?

I sure hope so. It's a magic place with great fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by JAG107 View Post
    So, given the recent unfortunate news regarding Irvine's new private vessel policy, and Corona being closed (hopefully reopening this winter with a good En Nino rainy season), aside from the dink state trout plants at the other reservoirs, I wonder if SARL is going to be doing anything special stocking-wise for the upcoming trout season to entice those of us with our own vessels?
    How many anglers will be making the migration to SARL, since they allow tubes, yaks and boats to be launched? Am I the only one expecting a healthy boost in business for the freeway fishing lakes? Whaddaya think?
    I hate to sound like a Kill Joy, BUT SARL has their own boating restrictions. No 2 stroke motors allowed!!!!! Rarely would you see a Yak, and it wasn't the big Float tube attractor as LNL or Irvine Lake use to be. I'm a big Fan of SARL, but it only fishes half as good when they don't drain it in the summer time to kill the shad!!! My opinion is that LNL will be the big winner, it's super float tube friendly and you can C&R with artificial's!!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 07-21-2015 at 09:58 PM.

I was told in order for me to even launch my boat I would have to remove my motor from the boat (yes two stroke motor), I asked about the "kill switch" cable or even showing the motor could not be started, the answer was still no, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by HBAR View Post
    I was told in order for me to even launch my boat I would have to remove my motor from the boat (yes two stroke motor), I asked about the "kill switch" cable or even showing the motor could not be started, the answer was still no, sorry.

Even if its a direct injection 2 stroke?

This is why I gave up SARL. No employees ever around to keep anglers off the boat ramp. And when you do ask nicely for them to move so you can launch. You get a ear full as you killed there bite launching. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sarlramp.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	47136

yes that is what I was told I have 1992 60HP Johnson "PTO" (I think it's called)

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    This is why I gave up SARL. No employees ever around to keep anglers off the boat ramp. And when you do ask nicely for them to move so you can launch. You get a ear full as you killed there bite launching. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sarlramp.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	47136
    Never had that problem!!!! I use to go there a lot with my boat, I guess I have that kinda face "do you really want to say something stupid to me???" lol Actually I never would ask, I would just back my boat down and they would move!!!! lol