Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Boat rental

Default Boat rental

I tried calling but forgot the marina/lake is closed Mon/Tue.

What is the likelihood of getting a boat rental without a reservation tomorrow? One of the premium or deluxe bass boats.

Quote Originally Posted by goonst View Post
    I tried calling but forgot the marina/lake is closed Mon/Tue.

What is the likelihood of getting a boat rental without a reservation tomorrow? One of the premium or deluxe bass boats.
    When did they start closing on Monday & Tuesday? I wasn't aware of that!

From what I've heard, it's pretty deserted. You should have no problem renting the morning you go during the week.

Tried calling all morning but "phones were down" so showed up around noon. Being Wednesday (special price day) there were zero boats available. We hung out a bit and a couple came in at half day so we got one of the deluxe bass boats. Troll motor was worthless as I guess the batteries were toasted by the people in the morning but the anchor worked really good and the fish finder showed bottom contour enough to set up on some good stuff. Fishing was pretty good. Fished from 1-6 and I caught at least 15. My boy only caught 2 but should have had 6 or 7. It was windy and we spent some time pretty deep so he had a hard time feeling the bites and setting the hook like he meant it. Pretty steady pick up to full speed on the last spot on ds, ika, and crig. 10-35 foot with better quality on the deeper end. Healthy 1 3/4 up to 3 1/2 pound fish with attitude. About 4 more feet and the quarry becomes its own lake.

Quote Originally Posted by goonst View Post
    Tried calling all morning but "phones were down" so showed up around noon. Being Wednesday (special price day) there were zero boats available. We hung out a bit and a couple came in at half day so we got one of the deluxe bass boats. Troll motor was worthless as I guess the batteries were toasted by the people in the morning but the anchor worked really good and the fish finder showed bottom contour enough to set up on some good stuff. Fishing was pretty good. Fished from 1-6 and I caught at least 15. My boy only caught 2 but should have had 6 or 7. It was windy and we spent some time pretty deep so he had a hard time feeling the bites and setting the hook like he meant it. Pretty steady pick up to full speed on the last spot on ds, ika, and crig. 10-35 foot with better quality on the deeper end. Healthy 1 3/4 up to 3 1/2 pound fish with attitude. About 4 more feet and the quarry becomes its own lake.
    Someone smiled on you dear Sir and Rail Roaded you into unlocking the great mystery that is DVL! P.S Ya ALL don't need no stinking trolling moter.... Now do Yaa!!!

Quote Originally Posted by noleash View Post
    Someone smiled on you dear Sir and Rail Roaded you into unlocking the great mystery that is DVL! P.S Ya ALL don't need no stinking trolling moter.... Now do Yaa!!!
    The "Secret" hidden Hot tip in this post is .... Rail Roaded ... Instead of "Railroaded" ... Because if one sits like a Rail ... on top of a Bass Road ... They can ambush LMB all day long from no more than three key spots!