Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yellowtail on the Toro (No rats allowed)

Quote Originally Posted by Perris_holic View Post
    I just got off the toronado on Sunday too and that crew is the best that I've fished with. The first spot pulled up huge yellowtails. Later in the day the whole deck was covered in yellows when we moved to a new spot. The toronado is my new favorite boat.
    Good for you!!!! I like Shaun the deckhand a lot, he use to work on the Enterprise. (that boat has deckhand issues) lol I've been fishing with Ray the Captain since I was 19 years old. (I'm 55 now) He just doesn't run a sloppy boat, there a couple of other hot shots out there. (other captains) But Ray is always very consistent!!!! I'm glad you had a good time!!!

I'd have to say atleast 40 or more were over 15 lbs . The jackpot winner had 4 slugs himself.I say that because most people had at least 2 slugs or more in the bags when the crew pulled out the fish from the fish hold. There was one older gent who was the hot stick of the day pulled 8 himself and started handing off his hooked fish to the newbs or those who didn't catch one yet. All the ones he handed off were bigguns too.

Quote Originally Posted by jaggerbub View Post
    I'd have to say atleast 40 or more were over 15 lbs . The jackpot winner had 4 slugs himself.I say that because most people had at least 2 slugs or more in the bags when the crew pulled out the fish from the fish hold. There was one older gent who was the hot stick of the day pulled 8 himself and started handing off his hooked fish to the newbs or those who didn't catch one yet. All the ones he handed off were bigguns too.
    Thanks sounds like a GREAT TRIP!!!!!!

The deckhands commented that this trip was the best all season. Kevin said he didn't expect for us to do too good considering the numbers they got the day before as well as the rain that was in the forecast. But yea, great trip... I gotta admit that I chose Pierpoint because of all the good trip you've been posting about the SoCal. So thanks for the great info you've posted all season. You've got quite some knowledge when it comes to the local boats and captains. I've started fishing the salt consistantly about 3 years now on overnighter to multi day trips so I'm keeping track of things you and other folks say about the boats and captains So thanks again. Good luck this week if you jump on boat Etucker.

Quote Originally Posted by jaggerbub View Post
    The deckhands commented that this trip was the best all season. Kevin said he didn't expect for us to do too good considering the numbers they got the day before as well as the rain that was in the forecast. But yea, great trip... I gotta admit that I chose Pierpoint because of all the good trip you've been posting about the SoCal. So thanks for the great info you've posted all season. You've got quite some knowledge when it comes to the local boats and captains. I've started fishing the salt consistantly about 3 years now on overnighter to multi day trips so I'm keeping track of things you and other folks say about the boats and captains So thanks again. Good luck this week if you jump on boat Etucker.
    Thank you very much!!!! If you want to do the local overnight tuna thing, Jeff on the T-bird is excellent. Just make sure he is running the boat before you commit!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 07-20-2015 at 06:42 PM.

Do you know which part of the island you guys fished for you second stop? You mentioned the Vees for the rats, but where were the big boys hiding? haha

Quote Originally Posted by bitedez View Post
    Do you know which part of the island you guys fished for you second stop? You mentioned the Vees for the rats, but where were the big boys hiding? haha
    I wish I knew the exact name but I can describe it pretty good!!! lol We are on the back side, you know where the Farnsworth bank is I'm sure. If you draw a line from the Farnsworth to the last point before it opens up where Little Harbor is located. We were on the next point before that a little to the right!!!!!

Etuck i think you guys mustve been inside where looking glass point and the lobster boats like to lay their traps. Thats where the sportking was a few weeks ago pulling up some monsters.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12