Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: From the Board regarding the new boating policy

Very sad news, both of the tragic death of these two men, and of the fate of Irvine Lake. Lots of details still not available. I hope that the restriction on the private boats is because the lawsuit is PENDING and not final...and I hope that once settled, Irvine Lake will again be able to allow private boats on the lake.

Most of the people that fish Irvine use rental anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueGillChaser View Post
    Most of the people that fish Irvine use rental anyway.
    I was waiting for someone to say that!!!!! Irvine will lose some revenue, but it isn't going anywhere!!!! (the fish stocks maybe smaller though)

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    I was waiting for someone to say that!!!!! Irvine will lose some revenue, but it isn't going anywhere!!!! (the fish stocks maybe smaller though)
    Ding ding ding!!! The amount of shore fisherman and people who rent boats there is amazing at times.

Sorry to hear that. Both for the families and the lake. Due to insurance it's understandable. We loose people out here every year, mainly in the springtime, almost like clockwork too. It's a way of life out here. Inevitable. But people are different out here and the lack of lawyers help as well.

I mainly shore fish but sometimes I do rent a boat. I don't own a boat, a float tube or any other watercraft. I plan on continuing my support of Irvine Lake. I do not know for a fact how they got their boat in the water, inspected paid launch fees or didn't say how many were going out in it at a time. It is a shame the accident happened, but seeing the attacks here on the Irvine Lake staff after all the support over the years of this group and the people here AGAIN makes me wonder why I stay here. I do miss Dana. My he not see what is going on here and roll over in his grave.

at the risk of sounding like an uncaring ***. It is a shame that the stupidity of others affects the majority. Sorry but the truth hurts sometimes

It is a sign of the times. No one has any personal responsibility and it's always someone else at fault. You can't buy a product without a ridiculous warning label. I can hear the attorneys claims now. No trespassing signs or not enough of them. The signs weren't in large enough print. Signs weren't in 84 different languages. The fence wasn't tall enough to keep people out. No warning signs about the dangers. Not enough security to keep people out. No life guards after hours to keep trespassers safe. I would bet any amount of money that it did not go to trial and the insurance company rolled over on the insured faster than Rin Tin Tin and Lassie. That is the society we live in today.

Is this final or are you guys looking for new insurance .

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    Trial lawyers and dishonest people suck. This can have ramifications for any and every body of water that has private launches. Signed disclaimers or not. Typical "it's not my fault that I broke the law" attitude that so prevails modern society. They break the law and it's YOUR fault so you have to pay for it. Insurance companies suck as well because rather than fight for what's right, they settle to reduce litigation costs. Yes, I feel bad for the families left behind but their loved ones broke the rules and the public must now pay for it. They, and their attorneys should be ashamed but most trial attorneys and dishonest people have no shame...
    You're 100% correct. Let's punish everyone for the foolish actions of a few. doesn't make sense.
    You cannot sue away or make laws to prevent people from doing ridiculously dangerous things. Forest Gump said it best.
    Last edited by Brent; 07-19-2015 at 12:22 PM.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast