Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: From the Board regarding the new boating policy

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    Like I said, Irvine Co. is buying land AND building. The fact that they already own the land and now have a reason to make it private and sell it off only makes it seem easier for them, that's all. Nice private, gated lakefront property in OC.
    Donald Bren has no intent to build on land- Or sale land to build homes and develop- Educate yourself before making comments. Good Gawd

Quote Originally Posted by ZIPPERHEAD View Post
    Donald Bren has no intent to build on land- Or sale land to build homes and develop- Educate yourself before making comments. Good Gawd
    He's not the first person I've heard said on this board, that Irvine Lake a few years back was ALMOST SOLD TO DEVELOPERS. Any else want to jump in here with some details on that one!!!!!!!!

Forum hearsay.... it just never gets old...

If your boat patrol and see 4 people on a boat that small, its your job to make sure they return safely...
    Quote Originally Posted by vonfranko View Post

Quote Originally Posted by BlueGillChaser View Post
    If your boat patrol and see 4 people on a boat that small, its your job to make sure they return safely...
    Agreed... There's NO WAY 4 adults should have been allowed on that tiny weak boat. 2 full sized adults males would even be a little much in my opinion. Staff definetely failed on that one. That being said, I miss the days when 4 full grown adults make a bad decision and that's where it ends. Now, the ambulence chasing lawyers have to wet their beak too and ruin it for the rest of us!

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    He's not the first person I've heard said on this board, that Irvine Lake a few years back was ALMOST SOLD TO DEVELOPERS. Any else want to jump in here with some details on that one!!!!!!!!
    Thank you Tucker.
    I'm just saying that it has been mentioned in the years past. Don't get so butt hurt over it Zipperhead. Good Gawd? What does that even mean when someone makes a comment regarding a possible development project?

Quote Originally Posted by goodguy View Post
    Agreed... There's NO WAY 4 adults should have been allowed on that tiny weak boat. 2 full sized adults males would even be a little much in my opinion. Staff definetely failed on that one. That being said, I miss the days when 4 full grown adults make a bad decision and that's where it ends. Now, the ambulence chasing lawyers have to wet their beak too and ruin it for the rest of us!
    They launched in the dark, on the north side of trout island. Lake patrol saved 2 of the guys.. Its not like they were at the launch ramp blowing up the boat.. Not like they paid the $10 to launch either..

Ronson makes a good point, doesn't my insurance cover me on any given lake ? I mean, when I fish bass events, I have to have the min 250K liability, so if you could show someone at the gate - your insurance declaration page - showing your dates of coverage, limits ect - wouldn't this be good enough ? I mean, we do it already with car insurance being the law and all.

Quote Originally Posted by muskyman View Post
    Ronson makes a good point, doesn't my insurance cover me on any given lake ? I mean, when I fish bass events, I have to have the min 250K liability, so if you could show someone at the gate - your insurance declaration page - showing your dates of coverage, limits ect - wouldn't this be good enough ? I mean, we do it already with car insurance being the law and all.
    Let me play Jail house lawyer. Even though you have really good Insurance on your boat and it's occupants, that still wouldn't stop someone from including Irvine Lake as a co-defendant if one of your passengers drowned and the family sued you. Since Irvine lake no longer has insurance that covers passengers of private boats. That person who is suing you and Irvine Lake could then go after the assets of Irvine Lake if they won their lawsuit. Irvine Lake would never put themselves in that kind of position!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 07-29-2015 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Let me play Jail house lawyer. Even though you have really good Insurance on your boat and it's occupants, that still wouldn't stop someone from including Irvine Lake as a co-defendant if one of your passengers drowned and the family sued you. Since Irvine lake no longer has insurance that covers passengers of private boats. That person who is suing you and Irvine Lake could then go after the assets of Irvine Lake if they won their lawsuit. Irvine Lake would never put themselves in that kind of position!!!!
    Guys I've already mentioned this earlier in this thread. Why not allow us with good insurance coverage, name Irvine Lake et al. as an ADDITIONAL INSURED on our private boaters insurance coverage.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast