Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: From the Board regarding the new boating policy

WOW!! Another case of your typical Orange county bullS***... One person screws up and everyone is screwed???! Such bull... Well, good luck keeping the doors open!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Carson View Post
    This is now final, and the lawsuit itself is settled and over with. There are only a handful of insurance companies that cover recreational fishing lakes. We have spoken to all of them.
    The lawsuit was just settled on July 14, 2015. It's Case #30-2012-00608186-CU-PO-CJC filed on 10/29/12. Lots of Plaintiffs against Defendants SWD Recreation (ie. Irvine Lake), Serrano Water District, and The Irvine Company! Also, to make note there's ANOTHER LAWSUIT (Personal Injury) currently pending in Court against SWD Recreation (ie. Irvine Lake) that case is #30-2014-00726795-CU-PO-CJC filed on 06/05/14 for JONATHAN WRIGHT's personal injuries related to an accident that happened at Irvine Lake on or about June 9, 2012. Interesting to note, on June 24, 2012 was the drowning and capsized boat incident. Man, June of 2012 was not a good month for Irvine Lake!

Two lawsuits so far..... one settled, one pending! No wonder an insurance company won't touch Irvine Lake with a 10 foot rod. The plot thickens guys!

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    Indeed, the other articles did not make it clear if they had sneaked in or not. Still, where does personal responsibility come in? Why must everyone else have to babysit and pay for adult stupid?
    Irvine Lake (and management companies) could easily put this question to rest by offering a response, whose question many people have been alluding to in this thread. Of course, if any NDAs were signed after judgement, then perhaps that may be the reason why they are not responding with any detail.

But, in any case, I understand some individuals are already researching this particular court case and hopefully it's not too expensive to get copies of all the paperwork involved. Then everyone can wade through 100s of pages of court dockets to find out the real details that got presented.

This is tragic for both sides. Enough said.

I have a lot of wonderful memories with this lake and will continue to support it till the gate is close or the water run dry.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Irvine Lake (and management companies) could easily put this question to rest by offering a response, whose question many people have been alluding to in this thread. Of course, if any NDAs were signed after judgement, then perhaps that may be the reason why they are not responding with any detail.

But, in any case, I understand some individuals are already researching this particular court case and hopefully it's not too expensive to get copies of all the paperwork involved. Then everyone can wade through 100s of pages of court dockets to find out the real details that got presented.
    Of course, if any NDAs were signed after judgement, then perhaps that may be the reason why they are not responding with any detail.
    This is most likely the case DS. My question now is has precedent been set for this to happen at every lake that allows private boats to launch?

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    This is most likely the case DS. My question now is has precedent been set for this to happen at every lake that allows private boats to launch?
    I hope not.

Although, the cynic in me says that these larger non-private bodies of water have better lawyers. ;-) (I mean, if what happened here was the case, Pyramid would be getting sued every weekend, with the amount of assery that occurs there.)

Which is why I'm interested in the documentation that I hope I get by the end of the week. I'd rather get it straight from the horse's mouth than get it from the defendant's side. I'd hate to see Irvine not being at fault for anything, but not having the funding to litigate this properly.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    I hope not.

Although, the cynic in me says that these larger non-private bodies of water have better lawyers. ;-) (I mean, if what happened here was the case, Pyramid would be getting sued every weekend, with the amount of assery that occurs there.)

Which is why I'm interested in the documentation that I hope I get by the end of the week. I'd rather get it straight from the horse's mouth than get it from the defendant's side. I'd hate to see Irvine not being at fault for anything, but not having the funding to litigate this properly.
    Agreed DS. If possible keep keep us informed...

Quote Originally Posted by iPhish View Post

Two lawsuits so far..... one settled, one pending! No wonder an insurance company won't touch Irvine Lake with a 10 foot rod. The plot thickens guys!
    My wife is in insurance. She said it sounds pretty simple, as stated above. They had a loss, no one will write them.

In baseball it's three strikes and your out, in the insurance world it's two strikes and your out.

Okay if a person drowned in a rental they cant sue you guys?
    Last edited by BlueGillChaser; 07-20-2015 at 07:57 PM.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast